Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sundown Motel(Mackinaw City)
View Hotel
Starlite Budget Inns(Mackinaw City)
View Hotel
Budget Inn Mackinaw(Mackinaw City)
Thunderbird Inn(Mackinaw City)
View Hotel
Great Lakes Inn(Mackinaw City)
  • Breakfast included
Capri Motel(Mackinaw City)
View Hotel
All reviewslarge poolcomfortable staybreakfast room isa wonderful stayroom was clean and comfortablebagelszackzacharyjacuzziwalmarthousekeepermi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped here late at night just to sleep. For the price, its pretty nasty. Sheets were questionably clean. However, zach that checked us in was very accomodating and friendly. Just kind of run down for the price you pay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie C
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for the review. I'm glad that to hear that Zack was friendly and accommodating. I do assure you that the sheets were clean. Not all our sheets are white as we ordered some in a off white eggshell color. I do hope that you'll choose us again though when your passing thru.

Thanks

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My stay at America's Best value Inn was Jul 15-Jul 22

I would like to start this review by saying that the staff at America's Best Value Inn is wonderful. The manager Zack was quite accommodating, based on the fact that I had a very late arrival. Zack made himself available to check me in and even helped me with my bags. I soon found that my room was not to my liking and Amy resolved that issue in a timely and pleasant manner. All of the staff were quite friendly and helpful with things to do around the city as well as on the island. I would really like to commend Deidra for making my last day in Mackinac City memorable. I would like to address some things that I feel may help to improve the service of the inn. I do feel that the cleaning staff is not as thorough as they should be. I have had instances where paper was on the floor and upon returning the same paper was on the floor, which just shows me the carpet was not vacuum. I also had experienced dirty towels and washcloths that had not been removed after they were disposed in the proper bag. I also would like to see an upgrade in the linen, as well as better mattresses. When I go on vacation I want to be in a hotel that matches or supersedes my expectations. I believe that if some of my concerns are addressed, than your inn would become a home away from home.

Thanks you
Ms. Ashford

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank vmashford45

I want to thank you for your review on here and am glad that you enjoyed your vacation with us. I apologize though that your room wasn't serviced properly and that the linen was looking dingy as we do have hard water. I actually just got new linen in and we are in the process of weeding the old linen out. I do hope that you'll come back and see us again and let us wow you.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We were there for 2 nights this past weekend and wouldn't recommend the place to anybody. The room smelled like everything was wiped down with a dirty Pinesol rag. The pool was dirty and the water was discomforting warm. Couldn't stand swimming in it. The spa was broke down and looked like it has been that way for a long time. We will not stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank David T

I do apologize that your stay was less then satisfactory and would have been happy to relocate you to another room had you brought it to my attention. I can't fix something unless I know about it. I apologize that the hot tub was down for your stay which it was up and running with in a couple of days as we were waiting on a part to come in. As to the pool being to warm its been an ongoing battle as most of the complaint have been that it's to cold. I do hope that you'll give us a second chance to redeem ourselves and letting us wow you.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Do not stay here! We stayed here during July 4th weekend and my family has never stayed at a place that was so misrepresented. Right when you walked in the room, there was a stench you could not explain. We had to wear our flip flops in the shower. The bath tub clogged up and there was water in between our tub that was backing up the water with filthy dirty water. We were supposed to be reimbursed for one of the nights we stayed there but we still have not seen it. Every morning we went to get the continental breakfast, it was empty. The place was just absolutely disgusting. The sheets and towels were so yellow. The floors were just dirty. Our bottom of my childrens feet were black after walking around the room. The pool area was very dirty, my childred were afraid to swim. The lady at the front dest was rude. She wouldn't even look at us when we were complaining. DO NOT STAY HERE!! Your vacation will be ruined if you do.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Priscilla F
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and have always had excellent service. I had a problem one time with my hot tub not working and the manager changed our room and appoligized for the problem. thank you Zach... the rooms are always clean and the breakfast bar is always good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Zachary C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mackinaw City, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thanks for the review, I'm glad I could make you happy and glad you keep coming back. I definitely strive for the rooms to be clean and offer good prices. If there's ever something you need feel free to contact me again any time.

Zach Coonrod