“Best place in Mackinaw City to eat!”

The Lighthouse Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 52 Restaurants in Mackinaw City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Closed for the season. Re-open the Spring of 2017
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place in Mackinaw City to eat!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was the best place in Mackinaw City to eat!!! Our server Lisa was wonderful, prompt and very knowledgable about the menu. She also recommended a wonderful wine. They other review were written by stuffed shirt snobs who just like to complain. They would probably complain about the toilet paper being too rough! I would highly recommend this establishment and don't pay attention to all the negative people!!!

Thanks to you Lisa and the rest of the Lighthouse staff that made out experience a great one!!!

Indianapolis residents!

• Visited September 2013
vghjr012, Manager at The Lighthouse Restaurant, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Katjelli,

Thanks for the great review. We try to provide great food and service and Lisa is a wonderful waitress. Stop back soon.

“Exellent”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Great place best part of trip food was perfect customer service was great we were greeted in a manner that made us feel like we belonged

• Visited September 2013
vghjr012, Manager at The Lighthouse Restaurant, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Chris T,

Thanks for the review. We strive to serve the best food and provide great customer service. I am glad you took the time to let us know. Hurry back!

Lisle, Illinois
“Restaurant for Our Anniversary”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel where we were staying recommended this restaurant for great food and quiet. It was quiet on the Sunday evening when we were there. Not at all necessary to get very dressed up to go there. My husband said the perch was good. I had a filet, and since I wanted it medium well, I had to have it butterflied. It was a bit tough. Wait staff was very nice, place was very clean.

Visited August 2013
Debby B,

Thanks for the review, I am glad everyone enjoyed their dinner. The next time you come in order a ribeye steak or a NY Strip. When those are cooked to the Med Well temp you prefer they don't have to be butterflied.

Vern Hiar, Manager
“Service with a big smile!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I ate here for our one year anniversary. I emailed Vern and got reservations set up. It must be starting to slow down, as there were maybe 5 other couples dinning. We really enjoyed how peaceful the atmosphere was. We had a great time. Our server was wonderful. "Johnny on the spot!" He even brought us out a small cake with one candle on it for our desert at no charge!!!! The food was ok. We both had the ribeye that was on special. The were both cooked to perfection! I had the baked potatoe with carrots. The carrots were Luke warm at best. Could have used a bit of butter or something to keep them moist. We were expecting to pay $100 or more. It was our anniversary so we had a bottle of wine and I also had a couple Crown Royals. Our waiter was so spectacular we ended up leaving a $40 tip! I would HIGHLY recommend this place! Thanks for giving us a perfect evening!

• Visited August 2013
vghjr012, Manager at The Lighthouse Restaurant, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Fishenbum,

I am a few days late but Happy Anniversary! Thanks for taking the time to write a review, so many times people only tell you when something is bad. I hope you stop in and see us next year for your anniversary as well.

Wixom, Michigan
“Decent Food”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Slower service and the food was average. Went on a Friday night and had slow service. Nice atmosphere

Visited August 2013
Samantha S.,

Thanks for the review. Friday's are usually fairly busy. If you call ahead next time for a table before 6 or after 8:30, it usually doesn't take as long to get your food. Next time you are in Mackinaw stop in.

Thanks,