“Excellent Pizza in Mackinac!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pizza Palace

Pizza Palace
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A family-friendly and VERY CLEAN restaurant, completely remodeled inside and out, features the best hand-tossed pizza, with doughs and sauces made in-house daily. Many other choices, including Ribs, Entree Salads, Great Unique Sandwiches, Pastas, Burgers, even Pasties ... and a glamorous full Bar featuring local wines and Michigan micro-brews. Family owned, with Owners on-site to assure your complete satisfaction. Always the top-rated restaurant in the area per TripAdvisor!! - #1 for 2010,2011,2012,and so far in 2013! Thank you patrons.
Detroit
“Excellent Pizza in Mackinac!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our family of four ate lunch here and were very pleased with this place. An older gentleman (I believe he's the owner) greeted us at the door and assisted us with finding seats. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. We were trying to decide which house made sangria to purchase, so she brought us free samples to try! We went with the strawberry rhubarb sangria and it was awesome! Yes, it's a little pricey; however, you're in a tourist city so I believe the higher prices are to be expected. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a good lunch and friendly atmosphere.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pizzapalacemanager, Manager at Pizza Palace, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hello,
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the sangria as well as the food. We would love to have you visit again.
I would like to explain our pricing a little bit. We are a locally owned, hometown diner, with a hell of a lot of pride in what we serve. That is why we have home made as well as special order foods. We have talked at length about whether we should cut our quantity, cut our quality, or what to have cheaper prices. we voted to keep quality and quantity and go through pricing to serve who we are......THE PIZZA PALACE! It had nothing to do with summer business.
We know we did the right thing when we see return business. I hope you you will become our return business. It's the difference between a steak or a hotdog, (which I love both). LOL...

Thank you for the great review!
Marie

“Yummmmmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

No acid, high flavor pizza!! If I could have them deliver to my home this is the only pizza I would eat!

Randy,
Don't count us out of your home town yet. One never knows where this might take us. However, while we are still in Mackinaw City only, we would like to see you more often.
Thank you so much for the nice comments! I love it!!!! Marie
“Gluten Free Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

This pizza is the best gluten free pizza ever! It is the second time I have eaten it and it was still delicious. Medium thickness crust not paper thin like most gluten free crust. Told my husband I would drive from Detroit area to eat this pizza!

2 Thank Melissasp02
Yes, we have had good luck with this pizza. We are happy to find something for the special diets. We are happy to hear a good review for this pizza. The gluten free eaters are the best critics.
We will look forward to seeing you again. ~Marie~
Portage, Indiana
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Pizza was amazing ,as were the pretzel bites! Margaritas housemade and again good craft beers! Fun place!

1 Thank Carolyn N
Margaritas and pretzel bites.......sounds great to me. Thank you so much for a nice review. We are aware you are taking time out of your day to do this. It means a lot to us. This directly affects our decisions about how we are going to do things. Thank you! Marie
United States
“Very good - VERY expensive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

So, they can charge a lot because of their location - and because the food is good. We split the wedge salad and a pizza - though now I can't remember what size. I believe it was a 14" pizza. The salad was great. Quarter head of iceberg lettuce, blue cheese, ranch dressing, an enormous amount of bacon (too much), and a couple of breadsticks. It was really great. Now, it was also $15. Was it $15 great? Meh. Probably not enough to order it again, but it was great.

The pizza was good. We did the garlic crust, which they make a big deal about it being "free" to flavor your crust. It was pretty good crust as far as crust goes. The pizza itself was good, and this was the best meal we had in Mackinaw City. I would order their pizza again, but probably for delivery, as the location isn't much to be desired. People are crammed in everywhere, and if you're seated where I was, you get to watch one of the servers scrape plates into a bin all night.

Honestly the food is really good - just really overpriced for what you get. I would absolutely order again and encourage people to go - just don't be shocked by the bill!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Iowa, hello, thank you for a great review!
Salad was great, pizza itself was good, best meal we had in Mackinaw City. What more could we offer you.
Yes, sometimes space is close, but, we are trying to get all of our customers in and seated , we are very very busy at this time of year.
Maybe we should cut the amount of bacon on our salad, however, most of our wedge eaters love their bacon. Something for me to think about though.
I love and welcome constructive criticism, some i actually address, and some I just read and think about it. I try to weigh what you say that is positive and what you say that is negative, and then deduct a logical opinion. This one was hard for me to decide for sure. Thank you for reviewing us. Please visit us again. Marie