“Good food”

Ranked #19 of 52 Restaurants in Mackinaw City
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: The best in local cuisine available here! PASTIE is a northern Michigan tradition. Fresh cut meat and vegetables wrapped in a pie crust then baked to a crispy golden brown. Choose from BEEF PASTIE, CHICKEN PASTIE, VEGETABLE&CHEESE PASTIE, OR BREAKFAST PASTIE. Other menu items available. Available for eat-in or take-out. Cold and frozen PASTIES ready to go!
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

While not quite to the level of the keweenaw pasty makers, for someone who grew up with the mantra never buy pasties at the bridge, it was a very pleasant experience.

Visited July 2014

Burlington, Wisconsin
“Very Good Beef Pasties!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Every time I travel to the UP, I just have to try a pastie. My go-to place for buying pasties has been Mackinaw Pastie and Cookie Company in Mackinaw City. The pasties here always taste fresh and appetizing. They are clearly home made in the store. On my most recent visit, the staff was friendly and the food was good. I had to wait a few minutes for my beef pastie, but it was delicious and well worth the wait. It is a delicious meal in a crust filled with beef, potato, onion, and rutabaga. I always spend the extra 65 cents for a cup of gravy, too, because that truly complements the meal. The pastie was very good and filling. For dessert, I tried one of their cookies. The cookie was also very good. I will continue to come to this establishment to get my pastie fix because the staff is friendly and the quality cannot be beat. I have never ordered frozen pasties to take home, but I am sure those would be great too. I will be back the next time I visit Michigan!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mark E
Flushing, Michigan
“Great Pasties”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have been coming here for over 30 years with different owners. These are the best pasties I have ever had (don't tell my Mom.) We come back every year to bring some home for the year. This year 3.5 dozen to share with our kids. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Visited July 2014
Zeeland, MI
“Another Favorite!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is another favorite place to eat when visiting Mackinaw City. Other years we purchase a dozen frozen pasties to enjoy later. This year, we were continuing our travels before returning home, so we were unable to continue our tradition. The pasties are very filling and a meal within a crust!! We have eaten all three; beef, chicken and vegetable/cheese. All the pasties are good, but my favorite is the vegetable!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ZeelandScoutMom
Reading, Mi
“Delicious!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We love the pasties at this restaurant. Always bring home some frozen pasties to enjoy later (three dozen at this visit). They are a meal in themselves. The pastry is flaky, the filling is delicious and the gravy is the crowning glory. We enjoy both the beef and chicken. We have not tried the vegetable, but we're sure they are tasty also. We have been customers here for at least 20 years and always look forward to their pasties.

• Visited June 2014