“Don't bother going elsewhere”
Review of Murdick's Fudge

Murdick's Fudge
Ranked #4 of 14 Shopping in Mackinaw City
More attraction details
Owner description: Aaron Murdick's Fudge is located on Central Avenue across from Subway in Mackinaw City. WE have a blue and white striped awning. We are not affiliated with any other Murdick Fudge store. All Murdick Fudge stores are independently owned. We cannot vouch for other "Murdick" stores including those located: on Mackinac Island, Petoskey, St. Ignace, or in the Crossings Mall in Mackinaw City.
Chicago, Illinois
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Don't bother going elsewhere”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Forget about other companies, this takes the fudge! We love the fudge and Carmel corn from this establishment. Beware of the other companies that don't even come close with their products.

Warren, Michigan
“YUMMY!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

With all of the fudge choices available in the Mackinaw area, Murdick's Fudge will always get my business. My friends and I enjoyed the delicious caramel and cheese popcorn, the peanut brittle and too many types of fudge to list! We had wonderful service and we enjoyed watching the fudge being made. I can't wait to go back for more! Then again, lucky for me, they can ship fudge right to my home!

Visited August 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't believe the marketing”
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Well I tried to go the whole vacation in Mackinaw City without buying fudge but decided on the last morning I just had to do it. My girlfriend had picked up some from another fudge shop the day before. I decided on Murdick's since it seemed like everyone talks about them and they had a good deal of 4 chunks for $24. The fudge was actually not bad that night but seemed to dry out by the next day. The fudge my girlfriend bought from the other shop seemed to stay fresh for the few days it did last around my house. Next time I'll break down and buy the good stuff for a few more dollars.

1 Thank Jeff G
Marcy M, Owner at Murdick's Fudge, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I am wondering if the fudge was left out all night to dry out or put into a refrigerator. Our fudge is freshly made each day and will last for about 2 weeks. Customers need to know that they cannot just let it sit out...it must be kept airtight or frozen. WE do not use any preservatives.
charliew123
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Do not give them the business! They don't deserve it!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Of all the choices of fudge shop's to choose from, do not go here! They are by FAR the RUDEST people I have ever come across in a shop! The workers here could absolutely care less about you or giving you any level of customer service whatsoever! They will treat you like garbage and act like they are doing you a favor! The young girl at the counter literally was rolling her eyes and slamming my fudge into the box because I dared to ask her a question! She wouldn't even speak to me, I have never seen anything like it. We went to several other fudge shops and were treated graciously and welcoming, go anywhere else but here!!

Visited August 2012
Burnsville, Minnesota
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Biggest presence of all the fudge shops, but that doesn't mean best”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place is so popular they have multiple locations, often across the street from each other. We found their employees to be rude and their fudge to be mediocre. For our money Joann's had the best fudge in the Mackinaw City/Mackinac Island area.

Visited June 2012