“convenient Saturday night stay”

Court Plaza Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Glenmont, Ohio
“convenient Saturday night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014

Convenient location to downtown shopping, restaurants and docks. Right on the main shopping avenue. Easily found right off Interstate 75. Reasonably priced, clean rooms with hot breakfast. Made reservations just 10 days before arrival which was peak summer season. I will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

While the hotel is on the main strip in mackinaw - it's not with the price for an uncomfortable bed. No amenities ( conditioner - coffee creamer, sugar in the room)
When they built the hot tub and pool it must have been done without a design -just odd. But it was clean.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HDrider19

Travelers are raving about these Mackinaw City hotels

Canton, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

The hotel was quite average. Our room was clean, but, as is with many hotels, even with every light on the room doesn't seem well-lit. Bathroom was clean and a nice big light above the bathroom mirror made grooming easy. Hotel is located in downtown Mackinaw City and is within seconds of the shops. Location in and of itself made this place worthwhile. Staff was also friendly and breakfast was adequate. Would stay again for ~$80.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nadeem F
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

When we checked in without any reservations, I added a second night's stay, with no warning from the clerk that it could not be cancelled due to a 72 hour cancellation policy, which we obviously had already missed. When we tried to cancel the second night the next morning, I was told that the room was "blocked" for us and could not be "unblocked." When I asked if that meant they could not rent the room to anyone else, I was told that was not my business, even though our experience has been that if the reserved room can be rented to someone else, then there is no penalty. Not only was the clerk rude and condescending, but when I stated, as I left the office, that tripadvisor would hear about this policy, he ran out the back door into the parking lot, yelling after me that if I did, he would sue me if. He really did. The service was abominable (and the breakfast unappealing).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeri M
Pickering, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

I was travelling with my daughter and four year old grandson. We arrived in the evening and when we checked in the fellow was very friendly and check-in was quick. We put our things in our room and went to dinner. When we got back from dinner we were going to give my grandson a bath but the towels were so stained and worn out we opted to wait and give him a bath at home the following day. When it was time for my grandson to go to bed we pulled back the blankets and my grandson said "look mommy there are bugs crawling on the bed". We checked the second bed and did not see bugs but the sheets had a huge stain right in the middle of the bed. We opted to check out and drive a little further and find somewhere that was clean. We we went to the front desk to let them know about the bugs, the man at the counter who was different from the first fellow, tried to deny that the bugs were there, then tried to turn it around and told us we must have left the door open during the day and they came in that way. When I told him that we had just checked in an hour and a half earlier, he told me that we brought them in with us. I was mortified. His callous demeanour was atrocious. Imagine having to pack up a four year old at nine thirty at night and try to find someplace clean to stay at. Not impressed at all. To top it off, we had to pay the full amount for this room and were not able to stay because it was not clean. We stay in four other hotels during this trip and had no problems at all. I would definitely not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, they have bed bugs and deny it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank 5sv
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Have stayed here before, and while the rooms are not fancy they are large and clean. Staff is very friendly, and the location of the hotel is great. Make sure you turn the refrigerator on when you arrive as ours was off when we got there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed here for the location which was great! Outdated and not the cleanest motel around. Too much money for what you get. Better hotel in area. I've been to the city more than 20 times and was disappointed by this motel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family