“Okay but could be better”

Court Plaza Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Reserved an Executive Queen Double and advised clerk what room we were supposed to have. Realized after we came to our room that it was NOT 600 square feet. Next morning went to speak to clerk on duty and advised that I expected a refund for cost difference. He was very accommodating, apologized for mix up, but indicated he could not understand why we were not placed in the correct room. I personally feel like they were trying to get more money for a standard room. Don't think I would ever stay here again, as I do not tolerate dishonesty in business.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BamTamOK
There are newer reviews for Court Plaza Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Nothing fancy, but for this area, the price was right. Most of the reviews for the Mackinaw City area seem pretty critical so, I was nervous paying at the price point I did. Turned out the location was good and the rooms were if nothing else, acceptable for a night or two. You're right in the middle between the tourist trap area and the bridge/fort area, so that is a plus for this spot. As others noted, the place is dated. The outside and lobby look updated, but the rooms take you back a few decades.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while in Mackinaw City. We booked a 1 queen bed room but was put in a 2 queen bed room which was fine but a little crowded. No microwave or refrigerator which would have been nice but the coffee was better than I've had at other places. The free continental breakfast was a little laced on variety and taste really. Eggs only one morning, sausage, biscuits, cereal and some juice. Bagels, toast and what looked to be French toast you put in the toaster. The lady was in there the whole time cleaning which was good. The front desk personnel where a little rude and NEVER seemed to be around. I had to go to the lobby a few times and always had to ring the bell and they always seemed like I was "interrupting" something when they came out. All in all, the location is perfect for exploring Mackinaw City. I parked the car at 1 pm on Tuesday and never had to move it again until Thursday morning when we left. I may stay there again but think next time I'll spend a little extra money to have a better view of the lake and a better continental breakfast. A good breakfast is worth a few extra bucks in my mind.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family booked 5 hotel rooms for the same weekend. Two of the rooms checked in a day later and were charged two different prices from the main group. When my mother complained at the front desk, they yelled at her. When I checked out at the front desk, I told them that I didn't appreciate how they treated my mother and that they were going to get a bad review. They threatened to sue me. They even followed me out to the parking lot to threaten me again. Apparently, they don't understand how customer service works. Or freedom of speech!! I would rather pay $50 more a night to stay at a nicer and more pleasant place, and will the next trip we take there!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I came up with friends who booked the room. It is one of the lower priced hotels in the village and I was a bit apprehensive, but in this case, you get what you pay for and it proved to be a fair value. The pillows in the room were a bit hard for me, no HD TV, but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast buffet was below average.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel is horrible! My husband booked it because he said it had decent reviews (lesson in planning hotels came soon after our check-in). It looked so dirty that we didn't even turn down the sheets. We slept on top of the comforter and used our own blankets and pillows. It was centrally located which I would have preferred to stay on the other end because it was more quiet.
The breakfast was a mix of cut oranges, generic cereal, and some biscuits that I'm not sure where or what kind. They were pathetic! The lady who takes care of the breakfast room was very nice and did clean the entire time we were there so at least it was tidy.
The pool did not have a bathroom area and the jet spa looked a green color. We didn't get in. Looked a bit frightening.

Stay here if you like being in the middle of town but if we return, we'll plan better and stay at the other end of town.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a very outdated hotel but, staff is super nice. The bed was comfortable and the rooms are really big. I'm not a really picky person as long as there is no critters in my room and thank God there was none. This hotel was booked when we stayed here and our room seemed clean but, like I mentioned just outdated. I might stay here again because the location was great to the little town.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple