“A GEM you dont want to pass by...”
Review of Tee Pee Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinaw City
Tee Pee Campground
Reviewed April 23, 2008

I am an avid tent camper with over 35 years experience from the most primitive sites, to ones with every amenity available.
I have always preferred to camp on public land ( ie State Parks) as I didnt want the added expense and hassle of dealing with privately owned 'campgrounds'. I always immediately thought, " everyone is stuffed in on top of each other"!! and " the whoop it up till 3 am crowd"!! !
When the State 'reconfigured' some of the sites at the park my wife and I stayed at, ( 'our' site was reconfigured out of existence) we decided to see what other campgrounds were available in the area. Its been 4 years now and I wish we had done it sooner!
TeePee Campground is one of the most relaxing, enjoyable and friendly campgrounds I have ever stayed at. The view of the Bridge, Straits and M.I. are second to none!
I personally have stayed there for over a month of days now and have never had any bad experiences with either the staff or with the cleanliness of the facilities.
The grounds are well maintained, recently vacated sites fire pits are cleared of excess ashes, any litter is picked up and the grass cut.
The sites are good sized and level. They are close to each other but not crowded together. They have dedicated sites that work well for the biggest buses and others for popups and tents.
The owners understand what customer service really means. I've always been impressed by how much they really do care!!
The free shuttle to the boat docks and the nightly bonfire on the beach top off a prefect atmosphere.
We are booked for July again this year and we will be coming back for many more!!

PK
Milwaukee, WI

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank PJK012

Reviewed August 2, 2006

I camped at the Tee Pee Campground in July of 2006. It was not what i expected at all. On there web site it states that they have walking and bikking trails. when we went to ask where they where at and where they start at they said there was none except an old snowmobile path that had grtown over. They also stated that there showers are clean and hot water is always running. Well i got there at 2:00 pm on our first day took a shower and the water was frezzing. the second day i tok a shower at 8:00 am and shower was frezzing then the next day took one at 10:00 am and still water was frezzing. not to mention we where located right by the bathrooms and a bright neon light shinded in our tent all night long it light up our whole campsit. pluse the bathroom doors would slam till 1:00 am and start again at 5:00 am. then not to mention there was urian on the last tolet stall all three days i was there. Then when i was taking a shower one morning i was there the man walked into the ladys room. he said that he didnt here any women in the bathroom well you can here the showers running from the screen door outside. on the third night i was there we had a campfire and was told to put it out because all fires have to be put out by 11:00. then the next morning we where told to leave and told that if we did not pack up in 30 min. the cops would be called. i did not recive my mooney back and they where very rude and demeaning towards us. i am a 24 year old woman and was treated like a child. My friends and i got together to have a wonderful caping trip and ended up being treated like kids. this is not the place for people who have children nor the place for younge adults to go to. i would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. they have nothing but rules for everything and if you have a campfire pass 11:00 you will be asked to leave. this is a campground for the elderly and people who have small children who need to be in bed by 7:00pm. It was not the place in the pictures and the beach was not kept up. you could not swim or even walk in the water at all. they barley had wood in stock and the sits where so small we could barley fit three tents on it that where all 7x7 or smaller. when i called i told them that there was 6 of us and there would be three tents. they said we would have more than enough room and when we got there i asked for another site and they offered us a site next to US23. all of there sites are really small. This maybe a family owned bissness but they are not family made. this was the worst place i have ever camped at and i will NEVER go back there again.

26  Thank medkate01