“Very Good”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: American & Family cuisine
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The food here was great. I had the chicken sandwich with mashed potatoes for my side. the potatoes were real and very good as was the sandwich. My husband has an omelette and said that it was good as well. We each took a homemade piece of pie to go and they were awesome. I would totally eat here again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,775)

Reviewed August 29, 2011

Every year we eat as many meals at Darrow's as possible. We were very happy with our lunch and will probably have breakfast there too.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

First visit to Darrow's and we'll go there next time we're in the area. The food was very good, the servings were LARGE and the prices reasonable. Located just outside the Downtown area. You will love it there.

1  Thank VicF70
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Went here with a friend on a Thursday about 4 pm. Have eaten breakfast here many times over the years and it is simply top notch every time. We had no waiting as we specifically tried to get the in between lunch-dinner crowd and usual dinner line. I had the perch sandwich (fried) and my friend had the whitefish sandwhich (broiled) Both meals had the choice of one side. I had the homemade mushroom soup. Quite simply one of the best I have ever had! Food was prepared just right and server was on top of things. Place is clean and overall a great restaurant. Be sure to read the front of the menu for a history of the place.....very enlightening, There is a reason it has been in business for over 50 years........a must stop if you want quality food in a tourist town.

1  Thank bikeboy62
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The hot roast beef was great; if your use to a turkey club with lunch meat your in for a surprise (comes with real slices of turkey) - delicious but almost too much turkey. The pies looked heavenly but you almost don't have room after all of that. We did have the peanut butter and chocolate; my daughter said it was great since she's the peanut butter person. The atmosphere and waitress was delightful!