“Poor job at a beautiful building”
Review of Dixie Saloon

Dixie Saloon
Ranked #25 of 54 Restaurants in Mackinaw City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The steaks came to us cold and very thin. We ordered the top of the line complete with heated frozen vegetables. We do not mind paying for quality and this was where the disappointment began . I ordered a bloody Mary and got a wimpy Harry . Cheap mixers without a drop of tomato juice. The place is beautiful and well appointed. No return customers here...blasting disco music and an occasional country song. Enormous potential with the location. This is not top cut meat by any stretch. It' s less than Costco with a bloated price. Beware

Write a ReviewReviews (1,569)

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I were on a 3 day getaway and decided to have our first meal here. We had a 15 minute wait and sat at the bar for a beer. Approximately 30 minutes later my husband checked to see how much longer it would be and the hostess stated that they just called us and we had just been seated. Funny...because we are standing there still not seated so she just seated us in place of the other couple they had just called...oh well, too bad for them. Very inconsiderate in my opinion. We ordered burgers and when they came out, they were the bulk commercial grade type uniform burgers. We were hoping for something a little more real especially at the outrageous prices they were charging. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. She was the highlight of the experience. Would not recommend this restaurant for good food.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My family has vacationed in Mackinaw since the 1950s, and always go to the Dixie (altho it is much different than it used to be). Its very expensive though. The Dixie and O'Reilly are connected and have basically the same food and beer.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The inside was beautiful done,Loved the way the did the booths and table tops. The chairs were shaped like horse saddles. But the food was over priced and over rated. $40 dollars for burgers and fries was a little much for just 2 people....

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I went to Dixie saloon after the light show for a few drinks. We sat and listened to a guy play a guitar and sing (he was entertaining) we listened to 4 or 5 songs and never did a waiter/waitress approach us. The manager (or whom I thought looked like the manager) walked past twice. Once was just babbling on his cell phone. Told my fiancé I wasn't spending a penny there. We walked out! Don't go!

2  Thank Brokenhorn