American Boutique Inn - Lakeview
$85
$82
Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
$65
$77
ClarionHotels
$50
Riviera Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
$80
Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
$77
BestWestern.com
$135
Rainbow Motel(Mackinaw City)
$49
Clearwater Lakeshore Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
$69
All reviewsthemed roomsendless summerroman holidaylargo roombreakfast delivered to our roomcute placebagelsmackinac bridgecute roomshort walkeach eveningmemory foamcolonial michilimackinacno elevatorstayed here for two nightsthe main draghome away from home
Reviewed August 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days on vacation. The room was clean-it smelled clean from the time we opened the door. It's a great location with lake frontage directly across the street providing Bridge view and a nice place for evening strolls. The pool really is warm and it is clean. Everything is easily within walking distance. Staff was helpful and friendly. The room worked well for two people; however if we had fa amily, I think the room would have been a little cramped. It's a good price for a clean room.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SaginawCountry
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We stayed in a themed room, Key Largo, which was spotless and comfortable. We had a nice view of the Mackinaw bridge which was lit up at night. Across the street, is the lighthouse and Fort Michilimackinac as well as a small park. The staff was very helpful and we would definitely stay at the Budget host again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YorkPAMary
Reviewed February 3, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the theme room "Somewhere in Time". The room has a beautiful canopy bed that was so comfortable! The decor was beautiful. The room was very clean. Mangement and staff are outstanding and make you feel welcome. The pool is very nice, clean, and heated. The location is great.-just a short walk to shopping and restaurants. Right across the street from the hotel is a park area with a rugged beach, very nice view of the bridge and picnic tables. Our stay was wonderful and relaxing. Our only complaint is that we had to leave!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ang3lstar
Reviewed August 19, 2008

The Budget Host Inn is clean and cute. The pool is well maintained and warm, around 88 degrees. There are colorful deck chairs by the pool, and there's a pretty little garden area in front of the hotel. The outside appearance is attractive. The owners of the hotel are friendly and the parking is convenient. The location is a bit of a hike to the downtown area, but not far from the beach area and the lighthouse. If you do decide to go for a walk, be aware that this area is not well lit at night. We went for a walk before dark, and returned after dark, and it was pitch dark, no streetlights throughout much of the surrounding area, and in some areas no sidewalk, either. It is near a nice little neighborhood, though, and walking in the daytime was a pleasure. We were just a few blocks away from a nice little park with slides, and swings, and a nice little sandy area for kids to play, as well as picinic tables.

The themed rooms are cute, but the standard rooms are just as nice. We stayed in a themed room one night and a standard one another night, and the rooms were pretty much the same, aside for the decor. If I went back, I'd just stay in a standard room. The decor in the themed room was not all that great. In fact, the fancy decorated ruffle at the top of the shower curtain fell on my head when I was getting into the shower. A quilt on the wall also fell down, and it had only been hung up with a couple of nails. There were fewer items decorating the standard room, but it was pretty, and just as comfortable, and nothing fell on my head while I was there. If you have little kids, by all means get a standard room. The themed room I was in had all sorts of decorative touches, such as a fake plant in a heavy pot, fake flowers in a heavy vase, a glass tabletop.....as a mom traveling with a small child, I was worried the whole time we were in that room that something would get knocked over onto my child or broken. That's stress I'd rather avoid, so my advice is to stick with the simpler rooms if you have little kids.

This is a decent little place that is a nice alternative to some of the higher priced hotels in the area. The rooms are clean, the pool is great, and the location is convenient to most of the area attractions.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Skye9988
Reviewed April 19, 2008

Very nice themed rooms and immaculately clean! Our room had view of Mackinac Bridge across the road. We had never been to Mackinaw before, and the lights on the Bridge at night are a sight to see. We stayed three nights and walked everywhere we went, never once moving our car.

Stayed: October 2007