“Low price in the winter” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Crown Choice Inn & Suites Lakeview & Waterpark
Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Marquette, MI
“Low price in the winter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We got a good rate because Mac City is largely a ghost town in the winter. The rest was passable, but not up to the standards I've seen at most Comfort Suites. The mattresses seemed old and tired, the carpets, especially in public areas could use a good cleaning, and our room needed some maintenance care. The shower had moldy drywall above it and a tile was missing along the baseboard.

The breakfast area was large, but the breakfast seemed more along the lines of a Days Inn. Rubbery scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and a couple waffle makers, along with the usual cereal and toast.

Overall, it wasn't an unpleasant stay, but not what I'm used to at Comfort Suites. I'm glad I didn't pay summer rates!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank grecole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

The kids loved the waterpark in the hotel. We liked the breakfast and not having to go outside to get to the waterpark. The staff was very friendly and attentive. We had a great stay. We had a nice view of the bridge and water from our balcony which was big enough for the whole family to be on!

• Stayed April 2012
Fostoria, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at Comfort Suites October 21-23rd. We were booked at the Clarion, but due to some renovations they moved are whole family over to the Comfort Suites. We had three separate families staying and we all agreed it was a good move. We had rooms with a King bed, Queen bed and the sleeper sofa in the sitting room. The beds were comfortable and the room & bathroom were clean. The water park with nice for my kids. Since we were there at the end of the tourists season it seemed like we had the water park and pretty much the hotel all to ourselves. We had children ranging in age from 4-17 and they all really enjoyed the water park. It was also kept pretty clean and stocked well with towels, The hot tub is huge, the size of a small pool and all the adults enjoyed that as well. The breakfast was ok. Due to it being the end of the season we had to walk down the street to Hamlin. The weather was nice and we didn't really mind the quick walk to get there.
The one downside to the whole trip was the fact that a very dear stuffed animal was left at the hotel and the front desk staff was very dismissive and unhelpful. I know that may seem like a trivial thing to some, but to parents traveling with children and their favorite bedtime animal you understand how traumatic it can be. As soon as we returned home and realized it I called the hotel immediately. I was able to tell them which room and exactly where in the room the dog was. They informed me the maids had not turned anything in. I again stated exactly where it was left and asked if they could ask the maids. They said "no, they didn't turn anything in and we can't ask them". I asked if it could possibly be in with the laundry and could they ask the laundry if they came across it. The gentleman on the phone said "well, I guess I could ask..." I asked if he was calling today and should I call back at certain time. He said he would call them and call me back with an answer. Of course I never received a call back and when I called again the next day the second person knew nothing about it and stated that if nothing was turned in by the maids then there was nothing they could do and wouldn't even ask the maids about it. I fully realize that I am the one who left it in the room and was willing to pay the postage to have them send it to me, but I'm just shocked that the hotel refused to even ask the maids if they had come across it. They refused to even make an attempt to help us out and were extremely dismissive in their attitude.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sparta, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

For the price it was ok, the water park is ok too. Nothing to write home about, but it was clean! The water park is shared with 5 different hotels and the hotel is set up very weird, you have to go around back and through a non secured door to get to the elevators.... Kinda strange but whatever?!?!!?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Detroit
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our stay here was ok. We stayed in the off season and mid week also. Rooms are old and I don't like that they have a comforter on the bed that I'm sure isn't washed after every guest. Gross...who still does that? I saw a tiny bug on the bedskirt that I think was a flea...being bug paranoid that didn't start me off on the right foot. Room was large with a little balcony. Bathroom was very basic but clean. Little kitchen area is nice and makes it very family friendly. Breakfast was ok...for those wanting to eat healthy, I didn't find anything really to eat. WAffles, bisquits and gravy, sausage and bad eggs. A carb lovers heaven for sure. No yogurt, no fresh fruit but ok and does the trick in the morning. Desk clerk was very nice. There was a school group there on our second night and that was of course a nightmare. Screaming kids running the halls at all hours. Not good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Grand Blanc, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed the weekend here, Friday night to Sunday morning. The hotel boasts about their huge breakfast bar, which it really wasn't. They had the food spread out. The bagels were on the far wall next to the cereal dispensers, which there were only three of, and not by the rest of the food. They offered no donuts, or fruit of any kind. You had your coffee, eggs, some nasty tasting sausage, and two waffle makers, and juice dispenser. That is all. Not to mention it shares the breakfast room with the hotel it's connected to. Our room just happened to be directly over the breakfast area, so expect to be woken up by the smell of burning waffles starting at 6a. Then when you don't smell the burning waffles, the room will smell like its a pool. It was very muggy in there, so we cracked the window the whole two inches that it opened. It helped a little bit, but nothing to be excited about. The room itself was clean, excluding the mold growing on the pipes in the bathroom (I think they tried to make the pipes part of the decor, but it was hard to miss the black mold on the bottom of it). The fridge and microwave were clean. The one big complaint is there was only one elevator. So carrying luggage and a cooler up to the room was a challenge. The game room was nice, and the pool shared the same area as the indoor water park, so kids will be everywhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have stayed at many fine Comfort inns and Suites so our experience at the Mackinaw City Comfort Suites was disappointing to say the least. The rooms were small and not particularly clean. The carpet had not been vacumned and there was a ring around the tub. The breakfast bar was minimal. What items they offered were stale, cold and not refilled in a timely manner or not at all. Tables were not cleared or wiped down between guests.The door to the rooms was full glass with curtains made to close only when people are in the room. This made it necessary to hide our property from site of casual by passers when out of the room. To top it off, the front desk woman was rude.

Room Tip: pick a different motel, there are plenty near by.