“Breakfast”
Review of The Embers

The Embers
Ranked #31 of 53 Restaurants in Mackinaw City
Cuisines: American
Description: Family style dining. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Call ahead for buffet information and availability. Newly remodeled!
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just eat breakfast there this time good most of the time except one day got some bad pancakes. Most of the time we eat there it is good just that day it happens.

There are newer reviews for The Embers

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've eaten here a lot over the years. In fact, the previous owner was manager at The Fort restaurant (long gone), and when he started at the Embers his cook staff must have come with him, because it was excellent. The breakfast buffet is ok, lots of selections, nothing outstanding, but good. I really like the cinnamon rolls. Waitstaff has always been very good. The place hasn't changed at all inside or out, which is fine considering how much Mackinaw City has changed over the years. Not sure we eat $11 worth of food, but it's nice to have all the choices.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Traveling for fall colors to Mackinaw and we had breakfast at The Embers. Food was really good and price was good. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

If you are looking for a place with good food, a great buffet, excellent service, and reasonable prices, I would recommend you try the Embers.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had a large group of 19, and we were put in a separate room, which was nice. We were there for Sunday breakfast, at 9:00 am), and most ordered the buffet. Three of us did not, and that's where my issue was. One only ordered coffee, but was charged for the buffet. Her bill was adjusted, not a big deal. My daughter and I ordered off the menu, however, and it took forever to get our food. The rest of the party was finished eating before we were served. I only ordered two blueberry pancakes, which were ok, but not fantastic. My daughter ordered the corned beef hash and scrambled eggs, and I was not impressed. The hash looked and tasted like Hormel from a can with a little ham chopped up in it. The eggs were the extra fluffy fake egg variety and had a melted cheese slice on top. None of it looked to be homemade in any way. Our server was perhaps a little overwhelmed, as there was another large party in the room also, so she should have been given some help. She was pleasant, and apologized that our food took so long. I also thought it was a bit overpriced. I may eat here again, but probably not for breakfast.