“Remodeling / Do Not Disturb.”

Hamilton Inn Select - Beachfront
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Lansing, MI
“Remodeling / Do Not Disturb.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2006

Overall the Hotel was very nice. The problems we had was, during our stay they were remodeling the hallway and we were woke up to hammer's & saws, plus there were cords all over the place. We put a do not disturb sign on our door but they came in anyway. They de-activated our room keys early which was an inconvienence. Our room with the king size bed and the jaccuzi, you think it would be a big room but it is very small and narrow with a table and other furniture crammed in there. I'm sure there are better places to stay. If you stay here call first to see if they are re-modeling or anything like that. Just an fyi'er for you......Matt.

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank mattyinLansing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2006

My wife and I were in Mackinaw City for our honeymoon. The room was beautiful, clean, had a great view of the lake, the staff was the most friendly staff I have experienced with a hotel. When the front desk found out it was our annaversarry they hand wrote a card and left that with a box of salt water taffy in our room. Nothing big but the thought means a lot! We will stay at this hotel every time we come to Mackinaw City and we recomend this hotel to everyone visiting Mackinaw City!

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2006

It was a beautiful experience from the time we walked in the door at the hotel. The front desk staff was beautiful and friendly. SO HOSPITABLE! Jodi was like having a personal concierge. She knew places to eat and called to our room to check if our "4" girls were settled in and if we enjoyed the room. The hot b-fast was delicious!! The food attendants accommodated what we needed and they were so friendly. The cleaning staff was professional and very nice. The room was VERY CLEAN! This is important to my family--you want to be in an environment that is clean. The beds were comfortable and we awoke to the sounds of the lake each morning-I wish I could take it and bottle the experience.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2006

Just recently was there for weekend vacation. Me and my boyfriend call different places around beach to stay at. Until we search trip advisor and came up on Hamilton Inn Select. I have seen the hotel before when I stayed at another hotel few years back. The comments on here caught my eye. I did more research, and liked what I read. So, I called
and booked. After after a 4 hour drive, check in, Staff was great, real nice & friendly. We got to our room which was on the 3rd floor, walk in hotel was fresh, clean, neat, was great size. We loved
it. Over all we had a great weekend, hotel was wonderful. If you want a hotel for a vacation this is the place. You couldnt' ask for a better staff, hotel, etc. We will be back to vacation with this hotel once again.

• Stayed April 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Alpena, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2006

Hamilton Inn Select is a beautiful hotel in Mackinaw City. Great views, mediocre breakfast, close to town, however the staff leaves a whole lot to be desired. We spent a Saturday night there last week, There is an agreement between a few of the hotels so that we had use of the water park across the street. No one told us when we had to leave the premises the following day. We knew when check-out from the hotel was, but not the water park. There were no signs posted, nothing that would let us know what time to leave. Imagine my shock when we took the towels back to the Hamilton and some woman (manager?) hollered at me. She called me a thief, said that I disgusted her and that she was going to charge me for another night because we stayed too long. I have spent the majority of my life in the hospitality industry. If this behavior doesn't change, I don't think that the Hamilton will be around too long. My mistake was one of ignorance, I truly was not aware of what time we were supposed to be out. I would have paid a surcharge if she had approached me in a civilized way, but to be shouted at and called names was simply wrong.Good luck to any of you who choose to stay there.

6 Thank Lynn B

Travelers are raving about these Mackinaw City hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2006

A friend and I just got back from a long weekend in Mackinaw City. I chose the Hamilton Inn Select because it was ranked #1 in Mackinaw City by trip advisor. Which I know is based on everyone else’s experiences. I know that you can’t please everyone all the time, but this hotel tried to and I believe that they did. The staff was without a doubt the most professional, courteous, and friendly staff I have ever seen at a hotel. They always acknowledged you and were quick to flash a smile. Too bad every hotel didn’t have employees like theirs. The breakfast was a great convenience with many different items on hand. A good variety and again staff the made sure everything was stocked and to give you a hand when making waffles. The housekeepers were always smiling and sometimes you could hear them singing while they cleaned. The atmosphere at this hotel can change your mood from bad to good and if not then you’re just too much of a grump!!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Hamilton Inn for a weekend getaway. The hotel was magnificent!! Room was a dream come true!! The King sized bed with the tempur pedic mattress was probably the best night’s sleep I’ve ever gotten. The staff was wonderful –always friendly and polite. The free hot breakfast was very good. There were so many items to choose from. The hotel is conveniently located down the street from a shopping area that is surrounded by restaurants. It is also in walking distance from ferry docks and live entertainment. Our room was well decorated and very clean. We had a wonderful view out our patio of the lake. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is staying in Mackinaw City.

• Stayed February 2006