“Very Clean - Very Safe”

Hamilton Inn Select - Beachfront
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
“Very Clean - Very Safe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2006

I am single female that travels alone for business. I only stay at properties that make me feel safe. I have been using the Hamilton for about a year now, and I can honestly say that it is the cleanest, safest place I have ever stayed on my sales route. The breakfast is bountiful and the security is good.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
detroit
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2006

Stayed here beginning of February. Room was clean. Staff was mainly indifferent. Didn't seem to care if we were there or not. Breakfast although plentiful, was not of good quality.

• Stayed February 2006
Independence, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2006

Manager never returned my calls - caught him after 4 days of my calling the hotel.

Room - very dirty - candy wrappers on floor glass rings on nightstand juice box and straw on floor under bed

Breakfast bar barely edible - stick to waffles... cereal & bread stale, eggs - powered, sausage - not sure it was even a meat product, fruit - soggy canned stuff! TERRIBLE!

Hotel charged my CC# with an extra night - said I moved to a jacuzi room - NOT TRUE

Spent days trying to resolve with hotel staff - no manager help - ended up having to dispute charge

STAY CLEAR!!!!

• Stayed December 2005
4 Thank egarey

Travelers are raving about these Mackinaw City hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2006

I stayed in December and asked to have my Daughter and small children be able to sign in if I wasn't there. They had my credit card # and was confirmed no problem the day I called for reservations. The day we were to arrive by phone call (earlier that afternoon-evening), They still said No problem. Well my daughter got there and was told they couldn't get into the room with the kids. This was around midnight and they had traveled over 7 hours. My daughter had to come across the bridge to find us. I asked to have the manager call me. The manager never called me back and I finally on the 18th of January called again (after I had called 2 other times in Dec and once in Jan) and the manager hung up on me before talking to me. This is no way to run a motel. The rest of the experience was ok. The room was clean, the help at the desk was so sorry and said they would have the manager call me.

• Stayed December 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2005

This place is a joke and so are the owners they own eight hotels there the Best Western, Both Super 8's, Econo Lodge, Comfort Suites, Clarion, Quality Inn. We made reservations here when we arrived they said they had no reservation under our name I gave them our confirmation number and the saud they still couldn't find it. So after 30 mins of wasting time they tried to send us to some of the other dumps that were mentioned above, needless to stay we had to find accomodations in anothe city because the great hospitable people at the hamilton don't care about customer service they just care about ripping customer off.

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2005

Our experience at this hotel was extremely poor. Front desk staff were rude and arrogant. They do not have the basics of customer satisfaction, an unhappy customer can eventually ruin any business. We were kept waiting in line, and then kept waiting to see someone who supposedly had authority. It was clear no one was really in charge of anything. The staff were in jeans and t shirts with no name tags so it was difficult to know who exactly we were dealing with. With so much wonderful competition out there, be sure and stay at a place that has a reputation that is built on customer service and knowing how to deliver that service.

Stayed November 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2005

This stay was for a special occasion of my parents 59th wedding anniversay. As they went to Mackinaw on their honeymoon they thought it would be interesting to return one more time. From all the reviews I read there didn't seem to be any place better than this location. The rate was a little higher than others but I thought it would be worth the money. From the moment they arrived it was a lot less than average. The staff was totally unhelpful and were much more interested in their social life than in accomodating their guests. I'm a travel expert and I was very disappointed in what they had to say about the experience. They never complain and yet they said it took 45 minutes to get a cart to more their luggage, the staff was not helpful in the least, the bed was terribly uncomfortable, the room was a little worn and overall they would never recommend this property to anyone. I unfortunately had booked them in for 3 nights thinking it would be a real pleasure but that could not have been further from the truth. Sometimes it all goes well and sometimes it doesn't but I just wished this had been a better experience for them.

• Stayed August 2005