Hamilton Inn Select Beachfront
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn Lakeside(Mackinaw City)
$76
Mackinaw Beach and Bay - Inn & Suites(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
$85
Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
$57
$93
Riviera Motel(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
$65
$85
$77
Best Western Plus Dockside Waterfront Inn(Mackinaw City)(Great Value!)
$77
BestWestern.com
Lamplighter Motel(Mackinaw City)
Rainbow Motel(Mackinaw City)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroom was cleanmackinac islandwafflesoff seasonscreen doorferry docklake viewhot breakfastlakefront roompool and hot tubjodisunrisequeenwaterfront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Check-in seemed to take longer than it should have, especially after being on the snowmobile trails for 8 hours. But rooms were clean, hall ways were relatively quiet at night, and the pool and hot tub were a big plus after a day of riding. Breakfast was better than most with many different selections. I would likely stay here again, and would definitely get a room facing the water for the views.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bryan D
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Every year we go to Mackinac Island for our anniversary and our starting point before going to the island is staying one or two nights at the Hamilton Inn Select because of its location to the ferry boat dock which is next to the hotel and just a short walk to the downtown area.....the rooms are very quiet and look totally redone again......they have a very nice breakfast buffet that sometimes can hold you til dinner......we've stayed here 16 times in the last 17 years so it's our favorite hotel in Mackinaw City and the staff always makes it a great stay by being so friendly during check in and whenever they see you walking around.......have not thought about staying anywhere else...........

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Richard S
Reviewed May 25, 2014

My wife and I got off to a late start on our honeymoon, so knowing that we would be delayed in checking in at the Hamilton Inn, I called on Monday evening to let them know we needed to cancel Thursday night, but we'd check in on Friday. After spelling my name a half dozen times, the staff person finally found my reservation, then informed me that my wife and I would be charged for the room because we were within 72 hours of the reservation. When I asked if I'd be able to walk into the room first thing Friday morning, the staff person, who clearly needs further English instruction, passed me over to a male staff person who spoke English.

We continued to debate the room charge, and we were threatened by the man on the phone that he would charge us for the full stay right then and there if we didn't quiet down. In the end, the hotel ran the authorization for Thursday, but it was dropped by my bank. The rudeness of the staff lingers on, however, as we are repeat customers.

Besides being poorly treated on the phone, the hotel wifi is a joke, and the breakfast is terrible. The hotel has geography going for it. It's next door to Star Line Ferry, and it sits on the beach. Also, it appears that most rooms have been renovated, which was a nice surprise.

I've read a lot of reviews on this hotel, and I'll say that customer service does seem to be inconsistent.

Room Tip: Lakeside is the best, but the beach is virtually non-existent.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank nardecaj
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

I am from florida and a yearly participant in the bike ride in may. I have been staying at the hamilton inn select for the past 6 years. Hamilton inn is a very nice hotel and the staff even call me by name and welcome me as i walked in. I was pleased to see the handicap lift in the pool area. This hotel is great.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Michelle m
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Good quality hotel right on the water. Very good breakfast bar. Looks like some renovation is going on. Front desk clerk very helpful especially with his recommendation of the Lighthouse restaurant which I will review separately. I would return.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple