“Good place to stay”

Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as our launching site to mackinaw island. Staff was very helpful to walking through everything with us. The room was large and clean. The free breakfast was good but fresh fruit would go a long way instead of canned.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank boyd4715

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Westland, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Kari and I stayed at the Hamilton Inn Select - Beachfront for the second time this May, and we were generally very happy with our stay. There are places for improvement - the swimming pool looked like someone went from the beach directly to the pool, and room service would be a huge plus. What we love best about this hotel is their customer service. The staff is always nice and accomidating, and we have found that the front desk is very informative. The rooms to get are the ones facing Lake Michigan, and we were fortunate to have a first floor room that allowed us to hear the waves, and watch the Memorial Day fireworks in the City. One of the perks to the Hamilton Inn is that it is close enough to walk to the Downtown, and the Star Line is right next door, ready to take guests to Mackinac Island.

Room Tip: Anything that faces the water.
Holt, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

"My husband and I went there to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It was one of the nicest facilities we have stayed at. Very clean, friendly staff, and an amazing breakfast bar. Have already referred a friend who will be staying there. Loved the memory foam bed."

Room Tip: Stay on the beach side and you won't be disappointed.
1 Thank Wendy E
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I make an annual trip to Mackinaw to celebrate our anniversary. Normally we stay at the Best Western down the street and have never been dissappointed.
This year because of apparent renovations or just bad timing, our usual hotel was closed with a sign that directed us here. In fact I think nearly every hotel on the drag was closed with signs telling you to come here, as I recall.
The room we were given was very clean and top notch, and the staggering view of the lake from it or sitting on the small but adequate patio is a memory my wife and I will always savor.
I do believe the rooms are over priced, but for what we got with view and everything I can overlook that.
What I cant overlook is that after I paid for our room for our 3 day stay with a debit card, a mystery $55 charge was in the total that I did not discover until a few days later when I called my card to check the balance. Eventually this charge dissappeared and the money was back in my account, but as to whether it was some odd amount debit hold or something else....who knows.
Also was not impressed with staff, most of whom seemed either indifferent or annoyed. The woman who checked us in spoke such broken english she reminded me of the people I talk to when I call customer service for my credit cards. The housekeeper was very friendly.
Personally I dont foresee staying here again, but as Ive stated before, nice view.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank ezrapound1
Fremont, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I were moved to this hotel when the Super 8 we had made reservations for didn't open in time to make our reservations. I was very skeptical because I hadn't researched it and we were moved unexpectedly. However, when we got here we had a beautiful view of Lake Michigan from the balcony of our room. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean and neatly decorated. They have a huge breakfast buffet and the staff is incredibly friendly. It's a great place to stay and next door to the Star Line boats to the Island!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms add a great view!
1 Thank Ruby C
Ishpeming, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and 2 young kids as a place to sleep on a long road trip (we arrived at 8:30 at night and left at 9:30 the following morning). For this short stay, and the great off-season rate we received, it was great and I would return.
Pros: Great offseason rate, friendly staff, pool open late (great to tire out the kids before bed after riding in the car for a long time), nice breakfast are with decent food (but bad coffee).
Cons: Hotel could use a "refresh" (carpeting and paint seems worn, pain in pool is chipping), our room wasn't extremely clean (my 15month daughter found a hair tie covered with hair next to the phone, and also random stickers in the room, there was melted ice cream in the refrigerator).

For the rate and location, I was happy with this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed for one night and it was very nice. The lobby was beautiful, the room was nice, and the continental breakfast was decent. I did have a hard time sleeping because of loud people walking in the halls, so the walls are thin. It was very inexpensive, yet a very good quality.