“What a lucky find!”

Parkside Inn - Bridgeside
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed August 27, 2013

After walking *all* over Mackinac Island and taking the last ferry off the island, I was exhausted. When I walked into the reception area of this motel, I didn't think I could take another step. The manager (owner?) was very sympathetic; he offered me a "nice, quiet room at the back of the hotel". He was just about to assign me a room, and then had a sudden insight -- he said he imagined that I'd like a room with a view of the bridge. Very thoughtful!
So I got a very clean, very comfortable room with a wonderful view!

In the morning, I enjoyed a full breakfast, complete with fresh oranges, quartered. Haven't seen that at any other motels.
I think the swimming pool is Olympic-sized, and I had it all to myself!

I overstayed the 11:00 AM checkout time by about 1/2 hour, and no one said one word of complaint. I paid a little more for the room than I had on the rest of my trip, but this is a tourist area and it was peak season, so I think the rates were very competitive.

Room Tip: Ask for "my" room, 325! Gorgeous view, nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Parkside Inn - Bridgeside

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights in August 2013. The reservation was made in June for one of the rooms with 3 beds. Upon check-in, we were asked to take a different room because they had a group of 6 coming in that they didn't have a room for. We said ok and took a double king room and were charged the same price. I'm not sure if that was good price on that room or not. Upon entering the room, we found a dreary looking room that smelled of too much air freshener or cleaning products. Breakfast was not good at all. We were on the second floor but a balcony passes in front of the doors and windows so it's like being on the first floor. When we left for the day's outing, we closed and locked the window because there was such easy access through the window. When we returned at the end of the day, the window was open. I was not happy about that lapse in security. We left the next morning. When we got to our next stop, I plugged my phone in to charge. My cable had been nearly new. What I found was a stained, filthy cable, with tears in the plastic covering exposing the metal cable. I called the hotel. They said they would investigate. I have never heard back from them. They should have offered to replace my cable but they just don't seem to care that they have a thief working for them.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was the worst place I been to . I booked 4 rooms online for me and ffriends and family. 2 weeks in advance so when I get there I could get my rooms got there around 230 pm went to check in and the Russian lady I guess Russian because she didemt know any English and think s she is still in mother Russia starts to yell at me amd I didemt understand a think so I left came bck in an hour so 330pm wife my wife (shes pregnant) walk in ask if the rooms ready with my little boy on my side she looks at him and roles her eye then looms me in the faces and says NO!! So I go down the road to the super 8 more cheaper very good service and very clean rooms with lake front no extra charge but the most thing was they where very very rode at the parkside and horrible service and its owned by some people that think there in there own country.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Since staying at motels during our vacation this year, we decided to upgrate a little and spend the extra money and stayed at the Parkside Inn and boy we were glad we did. We had a room with a king size bed with a beautiful view of the Big Mac. Room was large, bed comfortable, microwave and refrigerator. Very clean and a continential breakfast in the morning. Traffic coming and going over the bridge way be a little noisy for some while sitting on the balcony, but we didn't mind. The view was great and the Michilimackinac Park across the street made it even better. Able to walk along the beach and take in the sights. We loved it and will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very clean, great view. We stayed in a room with a private balcony which was very nice. Rooms are not fancy, but great view of bridge and park. Check in was fast and friendly. Plenty of easy off street parking.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sheila C
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have been staying at various hotels in Mackinaw city and St. Ignace for 16 years, and I have to say that Parkside Inn was the best in Mackinaw city! Clean, affordable, wonderful staff, the rooms very clean and roomy!(3dbl bed room)! Pool was clean and pleasant and game room fun too! The location was great! we walked everywhere in the city! The Park across the street was nice and relaxing! An A++++++! See you next year!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2013

At 1 am.. two women went laughing and screaming down the sidewalk! And at 8 am... housekeeping came into the room with only a small knock! No "housekeeping call" we were not completely dressed!! Really??? We went stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2013