“Don't stop here!”

Ranked #34 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Bessemer, Michigan, United States
“Don't stop here!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Don't be fooled by the description of this place. It does NOT have the best view of the bridge and island, and IS more than 1/2 mile from town! The view looks like you are looking through binoculars! The rooms are old and smell, and the blankets and bedspreads are worse! The owner is also crude! He obviously thinks it's okay to talk to women like that. Not a nice man!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Terri C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I read several negative reviews of this hotel and still thought I would give it a shot because I didnt plan on spending much time in my room while in mackinaw city I simply needed a place to sleep. I went with my girl friend and the room was incredibly dusty and out dated, the bathroom was disgusting and the wifi did not work; But thats not the worst part. From my whole 3 day trip I was hardly in my room, the maids left a note on our door asking for us to go to the front desk immediately, so we did. They accused my girl friend and I of having a party and destroying the room. I told the man at the front to go and look in my room nothing was out of place, no cans, trash, food ect.. we defiantly did not have a party in there, the night prior we were probably only in our room 6 hours. I dont even know what the maid cleaned aside my moving my belongs around in the room. Seriously do not stay here unless this is your last resort. This coming from a guy who could careless where he stays as long as I have a place to sleep. I was quite offended I even left a day early.

Room Tip: There are several name brand hotels closer to the city, which are a few dollars more but can offer a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mitch f
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a pretty nice motel. You will get a comfortable room. The room is a bit outdated and needs some tlc, but all your basic needs are provided.

List of improvements needed to be made:
-Wifi and Internet connection. The wifi doesn't work perfectly. The room I stayed in was on the end and in order to get a connection I had to sit outside on the belcony. They need to upgrade the routers and antennas. They may even consider installing Ethernet connections in each room.
-General up keep. Most things are clean, but it's the little things that count. Some of the windows has big smudges on them. The belconys rail had spider web all over it and the siding and chair had some mold and debris. The bathrooms window screen was covered in dust and the shower head need to be replace.
-Upgrading. The room needs some new modern looking curtains to liven up the place. One of them had some holes in it just from age. They needs to get some new comforters. The furniture may be refinished or replaced. The phone doesn't work. A coffe pot would be nice considering you have to go to another motel to get coffee and breakfast.

Once these items are fixed this motel will be a 5 out of 5 and worth the $129 that we paid.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Michiganshipwatcher
Sheridan, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2012

DO NOT choose this motel! I am unsure where to even begin with our experience! First of all, there are NO keys to the rooms. You cannot lock them when you leave, so my husband and I had to take all of our stuff with us everywhere we went. Next, the price is higher than it states on here. We paid 160.00 for ONE night! Every towel in our room was stained. There was hair on the bed, stains on the bed, and the matress/box spring was seriously busted, and we slept horribly. The "view" of the bridge IS beautiful, but the beach that is by the rooms looks like the local waste dump. You definitely cannot swim in it there. Everything in the room was dated. (A/C was from the 70's and didn't work very well.) The shower had hair in it. We couldn't swim in the pool because it was bright green from chemicals. We never received a comforter for the bed. The cleaning lady claimed she would bring us one, but she never showed up. Save some money and find a room that is less expensive and much higher quality. This place is a dump!!! The room we found the other night we stayed was 25.00 cheaper and MUCH, MUCH better quiality!

Room Tip: You will be much happier if you go over the bridge to St. Ignace to find a room!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jaymi S
Edmore, Michigan
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is my second attempt to post my review, don't know where my first attempt ended up but it wasn't posted.
My husband and I and our family go to Mackinaw most every year, it is the highlight of our summer. There are twelve in our family.

This year just my husband and I went with our granddaughter. We stayed this past Monday and Tuesday evening. My first indication that this trip was a DISASTER was when I registered and the lobby was so hot I couldn't stand it. We went to our room on the second floor and the air conditioner wasn't even turned on low knowing that we had booked the room. Our room was so hot that I almost got sick. We opened our patio door and went out to eat and then shopping and returned a few hours later and our room was still likek a oven. The air conditioner was so old that it didn't cool our room down a bit. Thankfully the weather changed a little and with a cool breeze our room was somewhat tolerable.

Our room didn't have wi-fi and it had a telephone but it didn't have a dial tone, didn't work at all.

There were two dirty towels hanging on the hook on the inside of the bathroom door, wonder what else the maid missed. Having been a maid I know that I would have gottne fired for that. The window cleaner that they use for the mirror streaked it so bad that it was hard to see through.

After we got in from shopping and eating on Tuesday we didn't have our room cleaned. When my husband went down to report it since our phone didn't work, he said that our room was marked as cleaned. Obviously no one was in our room and I noticed that another person had the same complaint. I guess that stay overs don't get their beds made and clean towels. The manager sent someone up with clean towels in the evening.

I have stayed at several different motels in Mackinaw City but this is by far the worst. I had issues with Bell's Melody in the past but was willing to try another one of their motels since we needed two nights and they didn't have rooms available for us.

We won't be staying there again. The pool wasn't nice so we went to the Bell's Melody motel after I asked if it was alright. Breakfast was ok and the lady that made breakfast was nice, that was all that was nice about our stay. Beds were uncomfortable and the bedspreads could have used a wash and the blankets too!

No room service, no phone, dirty towels and steamy, hot rooms, very dissappointed.

Nancy Goldberg

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Nancy G
Morongo Valley
Reviewed July 9, 2012

They've turned over a new leaf since the bad reviews listed here. We were there for the 4th of July week, and everything was great. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and what a view.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MVPackfan
Cadillac
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I called and schedualed a weekend 2 weeks in a advanced and was told I would be staying in a king size bed balcony lakeview room. the rate was 109 a night. They had an indoor and outdoor pool, breakfast, tv and refridgerater in the room. They were located on the lake and had a place for bonfires on the beach. We went up for my birthday weekend and when we arrived the place looked a little run down but not bad. We went to check in and he said, "Ok we have you down for a queen bed on courtside." I said, "No you had us down for a king and lakside." He told me, "Well all of our rooms are lakeside." He said well we have a king bed avalible for 129 a night. Well before we left i checked the rates online and the most expesive room they had listed was 109. So how could they have a room for more than that? Anyways we said we were gonna talk about it and call around for another place and he claimed to tell us that everywhere was booked up and he would have to charge us for at least one night. So we stayed for one night and we called around and there was plenty of other rooms available. We had an 80's tv in our room. the beach was a swamp and was pretty much nothing they had talked about on their website. We woke up in the morning to find out we had to go NEXT DOOR to breakfast. it was cerial and bagels. Needless to say, it was a joke and i would never recomond this place to anyone and will NEVER go back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank rachles
Susan M, Owner at Bridge View Motel & Condos, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
The Bridgeview Motel is now under new ownership and we hope prices will be fair to all.