We took our 12 year-old grandaughter and her friend to Mackinaw for two days. Because we could not get the same suite at the other hotel for two consecutive nights, we booked our last night here. I was promised a top floor suite, but when we arrived (after a day in the Island) we were put in a lower suite. When I asked about this, I was told "We don't guarantee floors." A "bait and switch" -- pure and simple.
The people above us had kids who liked to run across the floors. I bought earl plugs and Sominex and eventually managed to get to sleep. When I complained about this to the desk clerk the next morning (without losing my temper!) I was told "Sorry!: and handed my receipt.
I have since learned that this hotel IS NOT a member of the Chamber of Commerce, and they have not reponded to my registered letter. I have contacted my state senator, but I am unsure what, if anything, I can do without litigation.
AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Fairview Beachfront Inn & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairview Beachfront Inn & Waterpark Hotel Mackinaw City
- Fairview Beachfront Inn And Waterpark
- Aqua Grand Hotel Waterpark
- Aqua Grand Motel Waterpark