“Unclean Great location”

Days Inn & Suites-Mackinaw City-Bridgeview Lodge
Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed July 2, 2009

This motel could be nice if they would just clean the rooms and provide clean, fresh linen. When we arrived, our bathroom was not clean. The sink had toothpaste residue, hair, etc., the toilet had a ring , there was very little toilet paper, and the tub still contained the dirt from guests prior. Our towels and bed linens were soiled. We arrived late, so I waited until the next day to bring this to the attention of the front desk. They sighed as if they were already aware of these issues, apologized and promised these things would be taken care of. The next day after the room was "cleaned"-same thing. This time I took a towel to the front desk and showed them and they cringed. The linens looked that nasty. They apologized and went and got me all new linens. This time the towels were actually white and looked clean, but bed linen still had the same brown and red stains and tire tracks/footprint as the linen in my room. On day 4, the toilet got cleaned but nothing else and the air conditioner began to blow out hot air. I actually had to go ask for toilet paper on day 5. Though the location was good, I just can't stay here again and I can't recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank thewilsonfour

Reviewed February 6, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel last summer and loved it. The price was very reasonable and the staff was very friendly. They went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied with our stay. Also, the hotel was in walking distance of the Mackinaw Crossings shopping area, which I loved! Overall the stay was wonderful. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank Traveler2281
Reviewed January 25, 2008

My husband and I were reading some of the previous reviews, and we just had to throw in our two cents worth. We stayed there in early October of 2007. There was a great park, with the best views of the bridge, about a 2 minute walk away. And the room, pool, and breakfast were all just fine, considering the price. We've stayed in Mackinaw City a few times, and we found the staff to be one of the more pleasant and eager to please. And as people who stay at Days Inns in lots of towns, this is one of the best.

Stayed: October 2007
3  Thank Gram-n-Gramps
Reviewed January 13, 2008

This hotel advertises water views. Do not believe it. There is a road in front of the hotel before the water then waterfront structures that obstruct 90% of the water views from the best rooms. Rooms are tiny. The toilet is practically under the sink. Avoid this property. There are many other hotels that offer far more value and real water views.

• Stayed: September 2007
4  Thank Docsknotinn
Reviewed September 30, 2007

I loved my room. It was a Queen Suite, stuck in an interior corner on the second foor. Very nice, very clean, very quiet. Parking is a bit tight, and the breakfast room is too small for the crowd.

Mackinaw City is compact enough to stay anywhere and walk to town fairly easily, and this hotel is RIGHT OFF the last exit before the bridge, heading north. Equal walk to shopping and the fort.

Great hotel, but wrongly named. I think only the four rooms on the third floor facing north would have any chance of seeing the bridge. My north view was of a BP station that was well lit all night. Most rooms view the neighborhood and open to the freeway or other rooms.

I stayed here to qualify for a TripRewards award, and I would be comfortable at most of the hotels in this town. I really like those on the street nearest the bridge with real bridgeviews like the Super 8, Budget Host, and others on that street, rather than tose strung down Huron Street south of the shopping area.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank SenseIntoDollars
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Very Nice Hotel- Busy time of year but yet the rooms were quiet and clean. Nice Pool area and Sun Deck. Within Walking distance to Bridge and shopping area.......

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2007

This hotel was great! My husband and I came here for our honeymoon, and got a jacuzzi suite, which was very spacious!
The only thing I didn't like was that the balcony was very dirty. Spider webs all over, dead bugs, rotting wood. I understand that balconies are hard to clean in northern Michigan, but this one could have really used a scrubdown.
Another thing I didn't like (has nothing to do with the hotel) was that a 40 some year old woman thought it would be cute to steal our "Just Married" signs from our car. The funny thing was, we overheard her talking about it at Big Boy a few hours later. My husband had to hold me back, otherwise she would have found my fist in her mouth.
Anyways, the place was great, just watch out for 40ish botoxed blondes stealing your things.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple