Days Inn & Suites-Mackinaw City-Bridgeview Lodge
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed January 13, 2008

This hotel advertises water views. Do not believe it. There is a road in front of the hotel before the water then waterfront structures that obstruct 90% of the water views from the best rooms. Rooms are tiny. The toilet is practically under the sink. Avoid this property. There are many other hotels that offer far more value and real water views.

• Stayed: September 2007
4  Thank Docsknotinn

Reviewed September 30, 2007

I loved my room. It was a Queen Suite, stuck in an interior corner on the second foor. Very nice, very clean, very quiet. Parking is a bit tight, and the breakfast room is too small for the crowd.

Mackinaw City is compact enough to stay anywhere and walk to town fairly easily, and this hotel is RIGHT OFF the last exit before the bridge, heading north. Equal walk to shopping and the fort.

Great hotel, but wrongly named. I think only the four rooms on the third floor facing north would have any chance of seeing the bridge. My north view was of a BP station that was well lit all night. Most rooms view the neighborhood and open to the freeway or other rooms.

I stayed here to qualify for a TripRewards award, and I would be comfortable at most of the hotels in this town. I really like those on the street nearest the bridge with real bridgeviews like the Super 8, Budget Host, and others on that street, rather than tose strung down Huron Street south of the shopping area.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank SenseIntoDollars
Reviewed August 23, 2007

Very Nice Hotel- Busy time of year but yet the rooms were quiet and clean. Nice Pool area and Sun Deck. Within Walking distance to Bridge and shopping area.......

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2007

This hotel was great! My husband and I came here for our honeymoon, and got a jacuzzi suite, which was very spacious!
The only thing I didn't like was that the balcony was very dirty. Spider webs all over, dead bugs, rotting wood. I understand that balconies are hard to clean in northern Michigan, but this one could have really used a scrubdown.
Another thing I didn't like (has nothing to do with the hotel) was that a 40 some year old woman thought it would be cute to steal our "Just Married" signs from our car. The funny thing was, we overheard her talking about it at Big Boy a few hours later. My husband had to hold me back, otherwise she would have found my fist in her mouth.
Anyways, the place was great, just watch out for 40ish botoxed blondes stealing your things.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2007

Stayed for one night on July 4th weekend, reserved the Jacuzzi suite directly through the hotel's website. I wanted this specific room type and the discount sites were not offering it or could not guarantee it. This hotel was the least expensive in the area except for the other Days Inn further down the road. The hotel is located on the last exit before the bridge and designed with a very nice log cabin appeal. (We were never disturbed by any traffic). The room was huge and very clean; linens, carpet, bathroom. I could not have been more delighted the Jacuzzi was in the shape of a red heart. They provided shampoo, conditioner and lotion but no bubble bath, which was kind of a bummer. We took the ferry across to Mackinac Island ate dinner, had drinks and came back to enjoy our room. The next morning we checked out the breakfast room but it was overcrowded and not what we were looking for, so we walked to the country buffet on the strip, it was ok. All in all we had a wonderful stay without any problems. Even though I liked the hotel next time I would like to stay at one right on the strip.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank katewildbill
Reviewed March 21, 2007

My buddies and I booked 5 rooms at this motel for a bachelor party in August of 2006. The price was the best in town for that Saturday night (town was full) Check in was smooth, the rooms were all clean, and the place was pretty quiet (except maybe when we all got back there...kidding, we behaved ourselves) It was an easy walk to town (good for a bachelor party) and I liked that I could park right outside the room. I'd go back.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank numbskull10
Reviewed November 19, 2006

When I stayed at this hotel in October, I asked about the pool (knowing how cold Northern Michigan is in October) and they responed that some of the rooms had interior corridors but would not say if the room I was interested in had a inside entrance. Also even though the room I was in was a non-smoking room, i could smell smoke through the vents. I complained about the smoke and the office kept saying that could not be true. Also the hotel is very loud when someone walks down the hall. The hotel's parking is very weird also, you barely have enough room to pull thru past the office to your room. Also the elevator outside made no sense either. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple