“first time a a Baymont Inn”

Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights during business early Oct. Nice quiet location, most guests seemed to be retirees on excursions by bus. Small breakfast area with tight seating. Rooms were clean, wifi was as bit hit and miss near the end of the building. There was an exercise and pool area (didn't use them). Easy access to the bridge and ferry.

You can walk to the main street of town and down to the water, streets are lined with touristy shopes (Fudge, popcorn, t-shirts, a few pizza places etc). This time of year many of the shops are closed or have limited hours.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
amyeric_11, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I hope you told the desk about the wifi issues you were having as we have two connection options and routers at the ends of the halls. Thanks for staying with us and I hope to see you in the future.
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend this hotel. Beds were extremely comfortable, the room was spotless, and the staff was friendly. We only stayed one night, as we were passing through town, but it will be the first place I consider for my next visit to Mackinaw City. Good rate, too.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Nice to hear you enjoyed your stay and especially the comfortable beds. We get a lot of positive comments about our beds at the Baymont Inn & Suites. We look forward to your next visit.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel itself is good, very clean, comfortable beds and decent breakfast (mostly carbs). Easy walk to town. The staff are some of the most friendly and accommodating I've encountered. Only issue which may affect some, are the tour buses. We had 3 buses on one of our evenings there but the staff managed it very well.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
The " most friendly and accommodating I've encountered" is exactly what I want to hear about my staff, thank you. You will find a lot of buses in Mackinaw City and we do our best not to have them interfere with our other guests.
Okmulgee, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Was so pleased to stay at this hotel for 5 days/4 nts recently. The staff could not have been more accommodating; breakfasts were great and also had nice coffee in our room every morning. Our room was spotless and beds were very comfortable. I loved the layout of the room. I never looked in any of the public areas that I did not see staff people. Baymont Inn even had washers/dryers so I could do a load of laundry before departing. Very nice and we will return -- and will look for Baymont Inns on other travels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
It is tough to have to do laundry while on vacation but I am glad we had the facility to allow you to do that. I am sure you found time to enjoy the surrounding area. Thanks for your comments.
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our stay at the Baymont was wonderful! Rooms very clean, bright and spacious! Beds were so comfortable!
Great location, close to the new Starbucks!!!
Pool and hot tub were great. Very clean pools and area around it.
All personnel were very friendly and helpful!
Great stay, yes!!!

Room Tip: Like rooms off first floor. Seemed like many dogs in the first floor rooms. Very nice breakfast roo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
amyeric_11, Owner at Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Nice to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the Baymont Inn & Suites rooms bright, spacious, very clean and comfortable. Hope to see you again.
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed in a "generic" room, and it was fine for a middle-of the road type of place. It was clean enough, reasonably priced, even had a jacuzzi in my room which was a surprise. Decor is very...safe, reminded me of my grandparents. I don't have any negative recollections actually, so I think you'll do just fine staying there. There was nothing spectacular, but nothing terrible either.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mackinaw City
Best Western Harbour Pointe Lakefront
Clearwater Lakeshore Motel
Clearwater Lakeshore Motel
#1 of 39 in Mackinaw City

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Mackinaw City? Share your experiences!