“Used to have 10 per cent discounts for higher priced fudge”

Marshall's Fudge and Candy Company
Ranked #1 of 13 Shopping in Mackinaw City
Cheboygan, Michigan
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Used to have 10 per cent discounts for higher priced fudge”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had been going to Marshalls for years in the winter and getting a slice or two of fudge for a 10 per cent discount, using my past receipt. Even though it always said "candy" it was always honored. The fudge at Marshalls is a bit higher cost than several other stores, but with the discount, it was worth it. However the last time I went to Marshalls, the girl said sorry, no discount, and the day manager wouldn't even look at the receipt that showed I bought fudge with the receipt at a discounted 10%. Right on the ticket!

So needless to say, I did not purchase the fudge. I have since been frequenting Joanns and Murdicks, and they have better deals. The tastes of the fudge are pretty close in quality and taste, even though every tourist has their favorite and every store claim theirs in the best. I will not go back to Marshalls. This winter I will make sure and frequent others.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank soub7
Patrick F, Owner at Marshall's Fudge and Candy Company, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your current and recent reviews. We are sorry you were disappointed with the discount offered for our candy. We only have a 20% discount, which is good on all our candies, that customers receive in the form of a receipt. This discount can be used on the customer's next visit. It cannot be combined with any other deals, that are occasionally offered.
We are celebrating our 90th year in business and pride ourselves on offering the highest quality handmade fudge and candies, as well as the best customer service. Our prices have remained unchanged, for the past six years. We do appologize for your frustration and hope you will accept a free slice of fudge on your next visit to Marshall's Fudge. Give me a call at 231-420-5009 (ask for Patrick) and I will take care of this for you. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Brutus
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Best caramel apples”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

They have the best caramel apples. They use the biggest Granny Smith apples I've ever seen. The apples are tastefully decorated with crushed peanuts, chocolate, Oreo cookies, M & M's; just to name a few. The staff is very friendly. Open 7 days a week. Every receipt is a coupon toward a future visit. It's my favorite stop when I'm in the city.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Karen S
Patrick F, Owner at Marshall's Fudge and Candy Company, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for your review. We will continue to offer the highest quality, delicious confections and friendly customer service, at Marshall's Fudge. All the best.
Cheboygan, Michigan
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Marshall's Fudge one of the best”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

There are a lot of similar fudge companies in Mackinaw City and on the Island, but Marshalls always has receipts that give you 20% off on any return trip. They make great fudge, and their English Walnut is the best! Pecan is good too. The staff is efficient and friendly. The shop is very efficient, and compared to other fudge stores, this one is tops! There are always free samples and an awful lot to choose from!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank soub7
Mackinaw City, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Fudge & Candy Ever. Best Caramel Apples.”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've visited Marshall's Fudge and Candy for years. The staff is always been friendly and helpful. I have loved the Fresh Strawberry Fudge and Chocolate Cherry Cordial Fudge. They have Pumpkin Fudge for the fall now. I've never been a fan of pumpkin anything until I tasted the pumpkin fudge. It is delicious. The Caramel Apples and Chocolate Caramel Corn is also fantastic. I've purchased items for my customers during the summer and Christmas time. They love that I bring a SPECIAL MICHIGAN MADE PRoDUCT for them. Thank you Marshall's Fudge for all the great things you make.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank wmc919
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best fudge in Mackinaw”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The creamiest, best fudge in the world!!! No one makes better fudge, and the flavors are amazing. Great homemade pecan logs as well. A fun family stop where you can see the fudge made each day.

1 Thank Ragsmom1