“Clean, Economical”

Lighthouse View Motel
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were pleased with our stay here. A good view of the bridge and quite a bit less expensive that the one across the street. From our room, we could see the bridge through the trees. This was especially cool to see at night. A real "Mom and Pop" motel owned by regular nice folks. The rooms aren't large but are very clean and comfortable - good basic rooms. Before checking out we saw them removing sheets AND comforters from rooms to wash. I always wonder if hotels wash the blankets and comforters. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bruce_n_Kathie

Reviewed September 2, 2013

As I said in my profile...when we stay at a motel/hotel I am basically concerned with cleanliness, a comfy bed and a hot shower (price also of course as I'm frugal with my discretionary income). I don't travel to spend my time in motels/hotels so my need for amenities is pretty low. I don't have any use for hot tubs, game rooms, pools, big screen TV's or any of the other stuff that ups the price of the room. I can swim, play games and watch TV at home.
That said, we were very satisfied with our room at the Lighthouse View. It was reasonably priced and a good value for the money. We spent 3 nights there, the last week in August and enjoyed the fact that it was close to the park across the street. My wife can't walk long distances so location was a big plus. It allowed us to walk across the street to the park in the evenings to watch the bridge lights come.
We only saw management when we checked in as we were busy out and about each day seeing the sights, but the gentleman who greeted us upon arrival was very nice. We found the bed in our room to our liking as we both like a firm mattress. It was clean and comfortable. We slept great each night. The shower was excellent, just about knocked me over with water pressure and it was nice and hot. The wife wants ours like that one now......there were also porch swings out in front of the motel which were handy first thing in the morning. The pool and hot tub seemed to be a hit based on the folks we saw coming and going, although we didn't take time for a swim ourselves.
The only downside has already been mentioned and that was the tight parking. We have a Mustang, not a big car really and it took some manuvering to get in and out of the parking lot. Particulary a problem when the large pickups took most of two spots. It wasn't a huge deal though as the place wasn't full during the week, but it could be an issue with a full house on the weekends. I wouldn't let that dissuade me though from using the Lighthouse View Motel as a base of operations again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom E
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This motel had everything we wanted in a room. The owners were very friendly and helpful. I asked about restaurants in the area and they happily gave me their favorites. Our room was clean and very cozy. I will definitely stay again, the view was worth every penny.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a very clean, well kept motel with reasonable rates. I enjoyed the location being across from the lighthouse and water as well as a very short distance to the main shopping area. The staff were all friendly, professional and kind. The pool was well maintained. My only complaint was the beds were pretty hard but it would not deter me from renting a room there in the future. We stayed during the the week for two nights in August 2013.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is an older, more traditional motel that features actual room keys (vs. computerized cards). It's nicely located directly across from the Mackinaw Lighthouse Park and also offers a good view of the bridge from the parking lot. Comfortable and clean room with friendly staff. We stayed at the end of June 2013. The only problem, and it was a minor one, was that our room was right near the stairs and some noise in the evening that didn't affect our sleep. Only wish the motel had a breakfast offering.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The motel and room was nice. A couple tables and chairs out front to hang out with a great view of park and lighthouse. Only complaint is parking. I have a Chevy Avalanche and had to let passengers out before I could park in a spot. There was people parking on the grass on the side because of the lack of parking. If motel wasn't full parking would not have been a problem.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed in this motel for one night on July 5th, 2013. The owner was very nice, and the rooms are very clean. This is an older motel, but it is kept up very well. It's right across the street from the Mackinaw lighthouse, and you can see the bridge from the parking lot. The room was large, and the bathroom had a tub and a separate shower. The indoor pool looked nice, but we did not stay long enough to use it. Ferry's to Mackinaw Island are 2 minutes away by car. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms sit around a courtyard parking lot and some are on 2nd floor but I don't think there i...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family