“Next to Comfort & Quality Inn by the Sea”

Blue Water Grill & Bar
Ranked #41 of 52 Restaurants in Mackinaw City
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Next to Comfort & Quality Inn by the Sea”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The food was fine and the service was good. With traveling all day, we did not want to travel far to get a bite to eat. The portions were fine and the prices seemed very reasonable.

Visited August 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fabulous food and amazing customer service”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've never written a review before, but after visiting this restaurant, I decided to make this my first. To make a long story short, my husband and I visited the Blue Water Grill after a huge mix up with our hotel which resulted in our hotel room being given away (BEWARE: DO NOT RESERVE ROOMS AT THE HAMILTON INN SELECT BEACHFRONT!). We had travelled form DC and were exhausted and hungry. The food and selection were good, but the thing that stood out the most was the excellent customer service. Our server, Dee, noticed right away that we were having a hard day, and provided quick and amazing service. It is rare to feel like a regular while on vacation, but Dee made us feel so comfortable after a hard situation. Definitely make time to visit the Blue Water Grill, and make sure to ask for Dee!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Amber D
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“No atmosphere at all”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were looking for someplace to have a little more upscale meal and from the outside this looked good. Once inside however, it was like walking into a cafeteria. Four waitstaff standing by the door doing nothing. we deceided to eat in the bar which was equally stark. Food was fair, not much taste and presentation was equal. Fair price and ok if you're just looking for food and not the experience

Visited September 2012
Portland, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Way overpriced, there are better places in Mackinaw City”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We arrived and had to wait to be seated (not unusual for a sat. night in Mackinaw City). We then got to our table were we waited another 5 minutes for service and another 10-15 for our drinks. I noticed another couple that arrived after us waited about the same amount of time. All the tables (except few selected booths) were in the middle of a crowded dining room that looked more like a Denny's than a dinner establishment. I ordered the white fish basket and my boyfriend the supreme pizza. My fish was not cooked toughly and was mush in my mouth. I elected to take it back to the hotel and cook it in the microwave to ensure that it was cooked all the way through. The coleslaw that came with it was not much better. His 12 inch pizza for $21 had hardly any sauce or toppings and half the crust was burnt. Our waitress did not return to check on us until we were through with our meal and we were not given refills, or even given the opportunity to ask during our meal. The hostess came up to us twice during our meal. Once to ask if she had seated us at another table (?), and the other time to ask us if we had been helped (at which point we had already been there 20 minutes and ordered). Mackinaw is a place to enjoy each others company and look forward to good food and good times, needless to say I was highly disappointed and would never recommend this place to anyone. I have never written a review before, but this place was so bad that I felt I owed it to future restaurant goers to do so. We received much better service and prices and the Dixie saloon and Admirals.

Visited September 2012
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cute, tasty, off the beaten path...less crowds”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Thought we would give this place a try based on reviews. Everyone enjoyed it even the kids. We all got umbrella drinks, blue margarita was the best. Oysters were a great appeziter. All in all it was very good, would recommend. It's about half a mile from downtown so no crowds..nice not having to wait on a saturday for a good meal.

1 Thank Judykb2