“A "Must Stop" on our annual trip Up North”
Review of Pancake Chef

Pancake Chef
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
detroit
“A "Must Stop" on our annual trip Up North”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Small town, local place with delicious food. This restaurant is on the list of places we must get to when on our trip over to Mackinac Island. It is usually off season, so the crowds are down. I adore the pancakes and order off menu to get the combo I want. This time I got pancakes as part of a breakfast platter and there was so much food I almost had to be rolled out. Huge portions, great food and super friendly staff. Love Pancake Chef!

• Visited October 2013

Allenton
“quick lunch”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stopped for lunch before heading home. This was very good with a buffet for breakfast/lunch. Our granddaughter enjoyed going here.

Visited August 2013
frankenmuth, Michigan, United States
“GREAT food!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

If your love pancakes this is the place to go in Mackinaw! They have a variety of pancakes to choose from among a few other selections! The ONLY thing about this place is they are outdated with the furniture and I wish they would buy new tables and chairs. For bigger people you won't be comfortable in the chairs. We only get take out now but would LOVE to eat in house if they would only buy new chairs!

Visited November 2012
Scottsdale
“Great place.”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

It has been at least 30 years since I first visited the Pancake Chef, and it still was like I remembered. Same family owns this place, and the breakfast is still great.

I had the blue berry pancakes, very good.

Located directly on the main street, across from the ferry to Mackinac Island. Easy access, and plenty of parking out front.

I will for sure be having breakfast here again upon my return.

Keep up the great work.

Visited October 2013
Buffalo, NY
“Friendly staff, good food”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Wound up going there twice - once before we went over to Mackinac Island, once after we got back. Food - especially the pancakes - were great! We thought it a little pricey for breakfast, but then saw the quality and quantity of food and considered it a good value, especially in this tourist destination. Mary, our waitress both times, was very friendly and helpful with suggestions for sights. She remembered us when we came back and was excited that we had a nice time on the Island. Other patrons seemed just as welcomed by her and regular visitors were greeted like old friends. Nice atmosphere, great food and good location across the street from Shepler's Ferry. What more could you want? A+

• Visited September 2013