“Nice free museum”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nice free museum”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nice movie on how they built the Mackinac Bridge. Also a video of interviews with men who worked on the bridge. Nice thing is it is above Mama Mia's Pizza, a great place to have lunch!

1 Thank Theresa12755

Toledo, OH
“What you haven't seen”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

What many people don't know is that the museum and pizza place burned down a few years ago. All artifacts were lost. We come to Mackinaw City every Labor Day for the bridge walk. The year we came and they were rebuilding I was shocked and saddened. This is a place that I have been coming to for almost 20 years. I am so looking forward to this trip this year. I know that the museum isn't the same but it still holds memories for me and my family. I can't wait to have Momma Mia's taco pizza its the best.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank AJ B
Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“Educational and fun”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Loved the way the information is presented. Neat and unique items sold in the gift shop. Cool that it is actually under the bridge :)

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Perrysburg, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Becarefure, plan your trip.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Is great but you must plan your trip to the other side to discover more attractions. No like me, because they have pay tol and I paid 8 dollars just for a trip at 10 pm and we dont see anything. Bad decision. We come back tonigth at sunset to take pictures.

Morgantown, West Virginia
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Upstairs in a Pizza place - must see for history buffs and bridge lovers”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Went here one evening while in the area on a bus trip. It is found upstairs of a Pizza Place called Mama Mia's{ I think} in Mackinaw City. There is an old film to see of when the bridge was being built and neat displays. The museum is free and you can make a donation if you want to do so. It is dedicated to bridge workers who died while building the bridge. While in the area take time to see the Bridge which is 5 miles long. You can also go on a trolley bus tour at night to see the sunset.

Visited June 2013