“Great place to stay!”

and 1 more site!
Mackinaw Mill Creek Campground
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Spent three nights here. We stayed in a lot on the far north section. It had an excellent view of the bridge and the island. The sunsets were amazing. Spaces were closer and less wooded than I like, but quiet hours were strictly enforced and neighbors were friendly.

Room Tip: Get a view of the bridge and island!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mackinaw Mill Creek Campground

Reviewed June 29, 2012

My family rented a lake front cabin. My best friend and her family rented a loft cabin next to ours. All 8 of us had a great time. Extremely clean cabins inside and out. Friendly staff. We will be back again. I loved watching the sunrise in the morning from the porch of the cabin. At sunset, you can drive over to the other side of town and watch the sunset over the bright blue waters of Mackinaw. Two great lakes at one time. It was a great place to stay!!

Room Tip: cabins 4,5,6 have a lot of outside privacy between them.
1  Thank colleen w
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My Mom and I stayed in one of the newer cabins, and I was surprised at how spacious the cabin and the lot were. We had an excellent view of the bridge and the island. It was just a really nice campground, all and all, with lots to see and do.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

My first stay at Mill Creek will certainly be the first of many- what a GREAT campground! :) I was on a road trip with three of my girlfriends and we chose the cabin for our first two nights and it was the best part of our trip. The cabin is clean and comfortable and very charming. The website states to bring everything you would bring for tent camping so we were well prepared. Our cabin had a little kitchenette with small frig, and a private bathroom with a queen bed in the main area, and bunk beds in the second room. Campground is also clean, well maintained and peaceful. The lakeside is accessible to all campers and has a great view of the bridge. Cabins are available lakeside but there is a road and open space between the two so all can enjoy views. I think I would have been perfectly happy to stay at this cabin the entire week we traveled. Pool was clean, camp store well stocked, and I wish we had more time to enjoy the many amenities. Prime location allowed us to visit downtown shopping, colonial fort, grocery store, McGulpin Point, and many other area attractions with the ability to stop back at our cabin for meals in between. Looking forward to my next stay! :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have stayed here before and admit not posting a review because of feeling like this was one of those “best-kept-secrets.” Remember this is a campground that distinguishes itself among many choices to stay in Mackinaw city. I usually prefer hotels and even stayed here one night on our way to the Grand Hotel on the island. I choose this campground because of the peace and quiet that is part of their policy. The quiet time is enforced and my family is able to spend time together in peace. The cabins are very nice, and yes, bedding and linens must be brought in. Also remember to bring some soap to wash your hands, kitchen towels, and garbage bags if choosing a cabin. We brought a fan even though there is a ceiling fan. Bring bug spray! The cabin interior is clean, but opening the door allows bugs to enter, be prepared. We had an experience with construction on the new cabins and were given outstanding service! This is why when coming to Mackinaw city will stay here instead of elsewhere.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

good pts.
location, beautiful scenery of water and mighty mac bridge
cabins clean and large
small refrigerator,microwave, bathroom with shower
heaters in each bedroom

not so good pts.
no linens, must bring all necessary towels, sheets, etc
no tv, wifi is an additional fee
mattresses are thin and uncomfortable
no coffee pot

Room Tip: Not all cabins have bathrooms chose carefully Loft cabins have queen on main level, queen and a se...
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is by far the nicest campground we have ever stayed! The site was spacious with a beautiful view of Lake Huron and the Mackinaw Bridge. The staff very friendly and courteous. They even watched our dogs so we could spend a night on Mackinac Island.

Room Tip: Only negative was that there was no laundromat on site, but there was one not far in town.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple