“Great Ride to Mac Island!”

Star Line Mackinac Island Ferry
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Columbia, Tennessee
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Ride to Mac Island!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Having never been to Mackinac Island, this was a fantastic way to go over to the Island. The wait was about 30 minutes but it went really smooth. Would use them again!

Visited July 2014
4LLB, Public Relations Manager at Star Line Mackinac Island Ferry, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Mackinac Island. We hope we can be a part of it in the future. Thanks for your business!

Scottsdale, Arizona
207 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 213 helpful votes
“Quick Trip to Mackinac Island”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Star Lines is an old company taking thousands of people to Mackinac Island, now using jet boats that throw up a huge rooster tail of spray. We parked in the St Ignace Railroad Dock area where there is plenty of parking and were whisked to Mackinac Island stopping briefly to see the Mackinac Bridge from underneath it! Our return trip to St Ignace was quicker yet since we didn't make a side trip to the Mackinac Bridge! Arrive early so that you can get a seat on the upper deck! Order on line: www.mackinacferry.com. Leaving Mackinac to return to St Ignace, arrive early since crowds tend to line up in long lines, especially around 4pm and later.

Visited July 2014
4LLB, Public Relations Manager at Star Line Mackinac Island Ferry, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello! I'm glad you enjoyed your "fast" trip to and from Mackinac Island. Many guests love going under the Mackinac Bridge and learning it's history. Thanks for you business!
Muskegon, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“They made it so easy”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I had only stayed on the Island one other time and I was visioning having to haul my own luggage to the hotel after arriving on the island. I chose Star Line on recommendation from a colleague and they were so awesome! I pulled up, parked valet for $6/night, they tagged my luggage gave me my claim ticket and sent me to the ticket office. Upon arrival they gave me directions on how to get to my hotel and then delivered my luggage in a very timely manner. I will use Star Line from now on when traveling to the Island.

Visited July 2014
4LLB, Public Relations Manager at Star Line Mackinac Island Ferry, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for choosing Star Line! It's nice to hear that you had a good experience. That's what we are here for!
South Haven, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Unorganized”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We used this ferry service to take us over to the island for a 2 night stay. There was this big deal made about tagging your luggage with tags with your name/phone # on them and then of course with tagging them with the CORRECT color tag for the destination of your luggage. Fortunately on the way over, our luggage made it to the destination as planned. Unfortunately, this was not the same outcome on our trip home. We had 2 pieces of luggage, both tagged to go to Mackinaw City, where we originated from. We made a point of waiting by the curb for our luggage to arrive from the shuttle from our condo/hotel, to be sure it made it on the same boat we would be taking back to be sure nothing disappeared. Our luggage arrived on the hotel shuttle, was on the ferry luggage cart and heading to the boat when we finally decided it should be safe to get in line to get on the boat ourselves. When we arrived in Mackinaw City, only ONE piece of luggage arrived. We asked a worker what happened to the other and were told it must be on the next boat. So, we wait around for another 30+ minutes for the next boat to arrive to see if the missing luggage arrives, and it does NOT. Again, we ask, they again say maybe the next boat. At this time I let them know that we cannot wait around all day to check every incoming boat for our luggage when it should have been on the same boat as us. They then ask if it was tagged the right color?! Really, I tagged one piece of luggage differently. Finally we find someone willing to investigate further to see if they can locate our luggage. After a couple of phone calls it is located at another dock in St. Ignace and they will be bringing it to us.....in another 30 minutes. Well, luckily we DID get our luggage back. And by the way it WAS tagged correctly, yet no one could explain why it had been moved off the original cart and then shipped to the wrong dock. NOR did we receive any kind of apology. Sorry Star Line....but we will be using another ferry line on our next trip over. I don't find having to wait an extra 1.5 hours longer after getting off your boat to get my luggage acceptable, especially with the nonchalant attitude from those we inquired help from.

1 Thank tsmforfuninnthesun
Hello,

I'm so sorry for this mishap. We do handle a ton of luggage and things do happen when it travels from car to cart to porter to hotel and back. I'm happy that you did end up finding it.
Holland, Michigan, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Buy tickets online!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I bought my tickets online and you can save a few dollars this way. I have taken both the Star Line and the Arnold to the Island. Both are good, however, this summer I definitely wanted to take Star Line because Arnold was only running their slow boats, which meant a 45 minute trip... Star Line is great, conveniently located and has great staff.

Visited July 2014
4LLB, Public Relations Manager at Star Line Mackinac Island Ferry, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
I'm glad you had a good experience with Star Line. Our new online ticketing system has been very popular with guests this season. We have a lot to offer online and it makes it so much easier when you get to our dock. Thanks for sharing!