“Road trip through Machinaw City”

Nonna Lisa's Italian Ristorante
Ranked #22 of 54 Restaurants in Mackinaw City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband was drawn to this restuarant when we 1st drove through town looking for a place to stay for the night. We had drinks & checked out the menus at a couple places first before going to Nonna Lisa. Had a nice glass of Mediteranean red wine at the bar & looked over the menu before going in to a table.We learned that a while back, a guy bought up half the town. That's why all of the places we stopped at tonight had basically the same decor with lots of animal mounts & woodsy decor. I had the Nonna Lisa Stromboli which was very tasty & plentiful. My husband had a pizza also good. More nice wine with dinner, this time Chianti. Our waiter was very personable. The place was quite busy for a Sunday night. Had to get To Go box & our leftovers were still tasty for luch another day. We would go back if we passed this way again and would recommend it to others.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had a Ravioli & my hubby had a personal pizza - service was friendly, fast & reasonably priced. And, the carafe of Sangria - mmmmm.

1  Thank ourexperienceGE
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I visited this place shortly after visiting Italy. The food was the closest I've had to real Italian food. The service was a bit slow and it is a little pricey but the food was worth it. I will go back when I visit again.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

As far as I’m concerned Nona Lisa’s is the ONLY place to get Italian food in Mackinaw City. The Chicken Parmesan is probably my favorite dinner, though it is hard to choose between that and the Spaghetti. What I order most often is the pizza, the toppings are really a cut above everyone else in town and the crust is the best, crispy on the outside chewy on the inside. The staff are friendly and attentive, even when they are crazy busy in the summer. The total package keeps me coming back.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Oh my gosh, this was the best place to eat! We were looking for a stone baked pizza place and this restaurant was recommended by the hotel we stayed at. So glad we went here. It was decorated kind of different for an Italian place, more woodsy with stuffed animals all around, but the atmosphere was good and the wait staff was very friendly. The food was AWESOME and there was plenty of it. We would definately go here again, even though it would be about a 5 hour drive to get there, that's how good the food was. I wish we could have taken our leftovers and enjoyed them, but we were on cycles so we really had no way to do that. Again, want to say how friendly and prompt the wait staff was on our visit. The one thing that was a bit odd was the fact that there was only one bathroom/stall in the restaurant. I thought for such a nice size place, it should have had a bigger resstroom.