“Great Place, Great Staff!”

Mackinaw Beach and Bay - Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Traveled over the Bridge for a Quilt Retreat, treated us like family! Couldn't have asked for better accommodations, no problem too big or small that they couldn't handle. Very friendly staff from front desk to housekeeping. Wonderful facility, great rooms and view!

Reviewed February 8, 2010

The decor was spartan, but it was OK. I hated having my reservation messed up. To explain: Some of the quilters had arranged privately with the hotel, to check in a day early. When I arrived after dak on Sunday evening, I was told that I had to bunk with strangers. I knew the name of the person who had taken my reservation but that did not help. One of the other attendees that I knew offerred to share her bed with me. I least I didn't have to sleep in a room with strangers. Our group of 60+ quilters were supposed to have the hotel exclusively, but we didn't. The owner met with me but was very defensive. He challenged my statements, indicating that I was a liar and offered NO solution and no apologies. Some of the employees were friendly, but I actually witnessed a couple of them making fun of me behind my back and mocking other quilters behind their back. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank CatherineQuilter
Reviewed February 8, 2010

This NEW, open year-round, hotel accommodated one of the most lively and fun quilting retreats that I have ever been to. From a spacious and brightly lit sewing (conference) room, to a wonderful breakfast room (with coffee 24/7), to a really nice swimming pool, to, and the best of all, excellent suites with rooms ALL opening onto balconies (even the first floor) with views of Lake Huron, Lake Michigan, Mackinaw Bridge, and Mackinac Island. You can even see the Grand Hotel on the island. and Round Island lighthouse. The suites are well-appointed with a separate bedroom with a King bed, the main room with at least one Queen bed and also a Queen Sofa sleeper. The bathroom separates the two rooms offering privacy for sleeping arrangements. There is also a "wet" bar station opposite the bathroom with refrig and coffee maker and deep sink. Also, there are flat screen TV's in each room. Every thing was clean and spotless! Luxurious "digs" for quilter's who are use to simple accommodations. A Really Great Place to Stay!!
As for the staff, I cannot say enough. They were all so very gracious and went out of their way to make sure we had all the supplies we needed i.e. tables, extension cords, etc. (quilter's need a lot of space and use lots of electricity for machines and irons!) When we overloaded the electrical circuits, the staff were right there to correct the problem. The housekeeping staff cleaned our rooms as soon as we left for the breakfast room. The front desk , manned 24/7, has a photocopier ready and available if you need those services, and there is also a computer set us if you need to use one.
I'm looking forward to our next retreat there is the fall!!

Reviewed February 6, 2010

Our quilting group stayed two nights and three days. The management and staff really went out of their way to make our stay wonderful. We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2010

We found our stay very enjoyable every effort was made to make our stay a very pleasant experience. The Hotel was very clean and offered many amenities. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
It was as if they were family.

• Stayed: February 2010
mbbresort, Guest Services at Mackinaw Beach and Bay - Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2010

Auburnhillsmicowgirl,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Mackinaw Beach and Bay Resort. We realize that you have many options in the Mackinaw City area, and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff. They work very hard to meet the needs of all of our guests, and they would love to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have no doubt that you will enjoy our wonderful beach on your return trip this summer! As you noticed the views from our beach are great!

If you have any additional questions or suggestions please feel free to let me know, as we are always looking for feedback to improve all guest experiences. Thank you again for choosing the Mackinaw Beach and Bay Resort; we look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2010

My wife and I are building a lakeside home in Cheboygan. We were introduced to the Mackinaw Beach & Bay Hotel in October of 2009. Since we first stayed in the hotel, I have made over 6 trips from our home in St. Louis, MO to meet with our contractor. I have never, ever been less than delighted with my experiences at the hotel. I would never consider staying at any other hotel in the area. The fact that I drive from Mackinaw City to our home site in Cheboygan daily for meetings should speak for itself. The Mackinaw Beach & Bay is new and the rooms are very clean. The bedding is fresh, the rooms are spacious, the bathrooms and kitchenette are well thought out. The breakfast is just right. (Ask for Bill's Cinnamon Rolls!) Most of all the owners/management have a personal commitment to being the best hosts of any hotel in Mackinaw. Try this hotel...I am certain that you will agree with me.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
mbbresort, Guest Services at Mackinaw Beach and Bay - Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2010

rjfaulk,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it is great to hear that our hotel and staff have made your recent trips to Mackinaw City enjoyable for you. I am glad to hear that you enjoy Bill’s Cinnamon Rolls, I will be sure to share that with him.

We appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to your next visit. If you have additional questions or suggestions please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 4, 2010

This motel is a great place to stay. It's very clean, the room was nice and the staff couldn't have been more accomodating. From management to cleaners they always had a smile and were quick with a smile and a hello. I'd highly recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends

Itjustmetoo,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Mackinaw Beach and Bay Resort. We realize that you have many options in the Mackinaw City area, and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I will be sure to share you kind words with our staff. They work very hard to meet the needs of all of our guests’ so it’s great to know that you enjoyed your stay!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or suggestions as we are always looking for feedback to improve all guest experiences. Thank you again for choosing the Mackinaw Beach and Bay Resort; we look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,