“Read some reviews and they were WRONG!!!”

Mackinaw Beach and Bay - Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband took me up North recently (I am originally from Texas) we looked at a ton of hotels on the lake and this was the cheapest (besides Super 8) that we could find. The reviews were iffy but we were PLEASANTLY surprised. We booked a 1 King suite lakeside and we got a fold out couch, a queen bed and a king bed off the lake. The room was GIANT the bathroom was in new condition really the whole room looked like it had been updated. Two flat screen TVS, a microave, fridge and kitchen type sink. The staff was wonderful. And all in all it was an amazing stay. I will most defiantly stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chrystine B
There are newer reviews for Mackinaw Beach and Bay - Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Everything about this hotel was great, but the beach was a mess (as other reviewers have pointed out).

Pros:
1) Large 2 room suite, one with a king bed, the other with queen bed, with the kitchenette in between.
2) Looks recently updated, everything looks new and modern.
3) Clean room, carpet and bathroom
4) Fantastic hot breakfast - you make your own waffles
5) Indoor pool & hot tub - even though not much being used (may be due to summer and everyone is outdoors)

Cons:
1) Beach is bad; not sure if this is due to any Michigan laws that prevent beach maintenance
2) Even if you manage to get into the water, it is all rocky... this is not the fault of the hotel and I'm not sure how other beaches in the area are
3) A little farther away from downtown (little more than a mile)... would be nicer if it was within a walking distance

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kriskar
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Clean, roomy and priced very reasonable. The only bad thing I could say is the work out room was only a treadmill and stair stepper. Was hoping to keep up with my work outs.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Excellent hotel, no problems, great staff! Went to this hotel after my first one didn't work out. The staff at this hotel bent over backwards for us. They even allowed us to eat breakfast there the morning we signed in (around 9 am). Great view of the lake!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2011

This was my second time staying in Mackinaw City and so far this is my favorite hotel. I stayed at a Clarion hotel my last visit which I did not like as much as this hotel. This hotel had great rooms, great view and we were even able to see the morning sun coming up over the water from the patio. The staff was friendly and the pool area was pretty nice. The only downfalls on this hotel was the breakfast and game room. The breakfast was ok mostly a couple cereals for kids, muffins, make your own waffle, scrambled eggs and such. I found the breakfast at the Clarion to have a lot more but for the price and how nice of hotel the Beach and Bay was still the best. The game room was nice to have but at the time I was there most all of the games were out of order. Overall the room was excellent and the cleaning staff did a great job as well. I would definately book this hotel next time I'm in Mackinaw City. It is now my favorite!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank OpenRoader
Reviewed August 13, 2011

what mattered most to us: big clean rooms, nice service, great view. 5 min walk to mackinac island ferry, 20 min walk to downtown.
although it did not mean much to us, but breakfast was rather pathetic and the beach was really pooped over.
all in all, if you are not going to mackinaw city for beach and breakfast, this hotel is a nice place to stay.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank xxapmc
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Hotel staff was nice and the front desk was accommodating to our needs. The breakfast was nice enough but nothing out of this world. My only complaint is the condition of the beach. I know it's hard to control the bird population, but the beach was a complete mess if you know what I mean. So much so we went next door.

With-in walking distance to the island ferry but a little ways away from the down town area.

The rooms were comfortable and if there were people staying next to us I wouldn't have known because I couldn't hear them.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family