“Worst hotel stay ever”

Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
“Worst hotel stay ever”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were there with a large group. When arriving in room after checkout, our room didn't have enough towels or washcloths (1 each with 4 of us in the room), no Kleenex, not cleaned in bath or room, stains on one beds sheets and a random pair of underwear under the side of the other bed. Will never recommend or stay there again. No provisions were made to fix the issue. Towels and sheet were later brought up to our room and we were told to remake our own bed (with suspicious stain and all).

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Jphilipp425

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Bannister, Michigan
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I will never go to this hotel again. Rude staff. Very dirty. Bad cleaning staff, Life Guard was a Joke. He was dressed in street clothes so we had no idea he even was supposed to be a Life Guard at first. We sat and watched him play his phone. He wasn't watching the kids at all and when we had an injury in the pool he didn't move. But by far the worst of it was the dirty, dirty property. The rooms were Nasty! You are talking not vacuumed, dirty sheets, Nasty.The Pool and Lobby area was just as bad. Piles of Bugs on the floor that were never swept or cleaned up. Bugs on the tables at breakfast! The manager Lucas needs to go back to school for Customer Service. I went with a very big group spent more than $3,000.00 to sleep in filth and the Staff did absolutely nothing to make it right. When I complained I was told that I created my own problems.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Barb S

Travelers are raving about these Mackinaw City hotels

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Dirty hotel with unprofessional staff. We had a big group and had lots of incidents but I will only comment on my room only. The tv didn't work with getting all the channels. I called the front desk the next morning as per the message on the tv screen said to inform property management. We were told they would send someone up. We left for the island for the day and got back into our room late and checked it. The same message was there. We just let it be. The final morning of our stay the shower rod that held the curtain fell down as a result of tripping getting out of the shower. I called front desk to have someone come as soon as possible to get it taken care of and was told they would come up as soon as they got there. An hour after they said they would be there I called again so we could check out, the so called front desk manager came up and checked it out and said it could be fixed so we didn't have to worry about it. I showed him the tv screen with the message while he was in there because no one fixed it and said oh you just have to reprogram the remote. Like I knew how to do that. During our stay we had a girl get injured in the water park and I had to go across the wooden bridge in there as I would to go up the waterslide to pull her out. I was trying to get the lifeguards attention but I couldn't get him to look at me. I got another parent to help me that was standing the other way so she called front desk for wheelchair. When we went to the front desk to fill out incident report the lifeguard said he had seen none of this happen. I was dressed in jean capris and tshirt and was where a person in a swimming suit would be right in front of him. We had to use a child for a witness. After that, I would not trust the lifeguard to save a fly. As we were checking out, the manager accused us of pulling down the shower curtain on purpose. He is lucky she didn't get hurt, that could have been serious. There are many other hotels in Mackinaw that are great that I have stayed at, please consider them for your stay and not this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dianne M
Westbloomfield
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a chaperone for a class trip. the breakfast area is nice but not too many choices.
the beach is well maintained
the kids loved the water park there is a vigilant lifeguard on duty. he really was attentive and kept a watch on the kids.

I had a problem with the bathrooms. the sink would clog up quickly and this happened in alot of bathrooms.

we arrived in mackinaw city before the summer crowds usually arrive so I guess that is why the hotel may not have been ready.

like I said great waterpark everything else is average.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Travelwithtots
Columbiaville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend and enjoyed it very much. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was very good. The waterpark was fun too, except that the waterslide was not available all the time, due to too few staff members available?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are cluttered and dirty. The "water park" cannot be up to any kind of code. The water is filthy and everything is wore down. There is one lifeguard who I'm sure couldn't save a fish fresh out of water. The hotel staff were rude when we asked for more towels and pillows, which I've never experienced before. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Katie R
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay in Mackinaw City for another night to extend our vacation. The reason we choose this hotel over the others was the large indoor water park, when we turned the air conditioner on a musty odor came from it, also the room only had one towel and no wash clothes.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family