“Great hotel, will definately book again”

Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Michigan
“Great hotel, will definately book again”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My 6 yr old daughter and I planned a trip to Mackinaw Island and stayed here for 1 night. Loved it. We came at the beginning of June and like Michigan weather it was only 50 each day so we spent most of our hotel time in the waterpark. Everything was clean, staff was friendly and the breakfast was a nice touch. I agree with other comments, the "tip" jar that is left out is tacky and should be removed, it's a buffet and you clean up your own mess, it's part of the girls responsibility to take care of putting food out and making sure everything is stocked, that's what the hotel pays her for... Other than that, rooms were standard nothing too fancy but we didn't pay a hefty price either. We would definately book here again

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The staff and management was very helpful and flexible in setting up a gathering of extended family (6 rooms) at a reasonable value. The beachfront rooms had a great view of Lake Huron, Mackinac Island and the Mackinac Bridge (past the marinas). The full hot breakfast was great after waking up to a beautiful sunrise over the Great Lake. We used both the beachfront and water park (best for children 2 through 12 years old or so. Major parts of the facility appear to be recently renovated (beautiful log front, nicely designed water 'park' facility, for example), but did have maintenance that needed to be done on some other details (balcony screen door was jammed, several beachfront chairs were worn out, beachfront light fixtures needed attention) but these did not detract meaningfully from the overall experience due to a great location, good facility, very helpful staff and management. It is located south of the main 'tourist strip' by longer than a short walk, but this also locates it on a nicer sandy beach area (with some small rocks in the water) with a long shallow section making suitable for kids to swim safely. We expect to return and will recommend this hotel to friends looking to stay in the Mackinaw City area.

Room Tip: Talk directly to the manager during booking
2 Thank pkgary92
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I was very disappointed in our stay here. We had two rooms on the lake front. The screens to the patio's on both rooms were in very poor shape and they were very hard to open. We spent the day on Mackinaw Island and returned to our hotel around six o'clock. Our room was cleaned but my daughter's room was not. We we call on this they said it would be cleaned ASAP. When I questioned why their room was not done we were told the do not disturbed sign was on the door. This was not true as she put it in her book for safe keeping until our return. I told the manager this and he was very rude when I ask him if was going to take their employees word over a paying costume he hung up on me. We my husband question him on this he told them that I was cursing at him which was not true. I have never been treating so poorly at a hotel as I was at this one.

4 Thank boopsie58

Travelers are raving about these Mackinaw City hotels

Reviewed June 10, 2011

A wonderful place to stay..either as family or as couple. Beautiful walk out to the beach, or take the kids to the indoor water park. They also have a game room and a wonderful full breakfast in the mornings. Well worth the price...so glad we found this place....already planning our trip back.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Supermom19942001
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We got this room through hotwire so the "value" seemed reasonable. The room was reasonably clean but it had the feel of an economy level hotel. The beds were bad. Not good sleep at all. Breakfast in the morning was really really bad. Everything tasted like they just pulled it out of the freezer and microwaved it. The fruit was literally just dumped out of a can. The only thing that wasn't awful was the coffee. The staff member working at the breakfast was nice but she had a tip jar out. I've never been to a hotel where you are hoping for tips on a buffet breakfast (a horrible one at that). It was cool and cloudy the day we were there so we did not test out the beach area. My son enjoyed the waterpark. The staff was not very friendly.

3 Thank johnsben
Mackinaw City, Michigan
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Where do I begin, We cahecked in and the room had the sliding glass door jam seperated and looked like someone was trying to break in. Second we switched rooms and glass door lock was flat out broke. Third we leave to go to the Upper Penn. to the falls area and come back and our room door was left wide open. Now when that happend it was the last straw. I have small children with me not to mention my personal things that could have been missing since the cleaners decided to leave my door open. Then I go to the desk and ask for the manager and had to wait for his return. Talked ot him for 2 minutesand was told if I leave i have to pay for both days. Mind the fact that it is around 2:30 in the afternoon and I am leaving because i feel it is not safe here. I express that I disagree on paying for the second day which is only 2 hours into the day and his response is sorry that is our policy. Check the door jams and screens. You will see what I mean. Do not stay here.

3 Thank Silentzypher
BridgeVista, General Manager at Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Silentzypher

I am sorry your experience was less than perfect. We strive to make each and every stay as enjoyable as possible. While we attempt to have no maintenance issues during a guest stay, they do occasionally come up. As soon as the hotel was made aware of the issue it was fixed right away. Rest assured that our guest's safety is a top priority.

I have also taken time with the cleaning staff to emphasize the importance of making sure the doors are secured upon exit of a room.

Again thank you for your comments and if you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to let us know!

Andrew Shaffer
(231) 436-9812
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. We booked through Hotels.com instead of the mackinaw hotels site because I didn't want to be moved to another hotel. For two nights, it was less than $200 total.
The water park is very big. It is a great add on for a family vacation. Especially if the weather is iffy and you may need some indoor activities. My children loved it. My concern, having been to many waterparks, and having been a lifeguard, was that there was only one lifeguard in the whole park. The lifeguard was stationed at the bottom of the slides to make sure that only two people went up at a time. I'm sure that this is fine when the park is not busy, or when everyone is supervising their own children. I will say, on Saturday evening, there were approximately 200 people in the waterpark and I was only comfortable when I was directly with my children, it would not have been safe to send them off to play. I don't think this would discourage me from booking again, but it was something that I hadn't thought of.
The WiFi never worked during the length of our stay. From my understanding, this was a problem in the past. The staff was very pleasant and said that they had called someone about it, but it never worked.
The staff did a nice job of putting out logs and starting a fire in the beach area both evenings. I thought this was a nice touch.
One thing that I would recommend is that body lotion be added to the bathrooms, if you have ever been to a waterpark, the chlorine/chemicals really dry out skin.
The rooms looked as if they had been recently refurbished, the beds were firm and comfortable.
Surprisingly, we were able to sleep until 9 both mornings, which is pretty amazing as we were on the first floor of a waterpark hotel.
The "Breakfast Buffet" has eggs, sausage, and gravy and make your own waffles in addition to the breads and cereals. I would have liked to see bananas and yogurt, but free is free.
Overall, the kids really enjoyed the hotel. It was a good rate and clean. Just watch your children in the waterpark.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a view.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Islandhopper045
BridgeVista, Manager at Bridge Vista Beach Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Islandhopper045

Thank you for you recent review. We are excited that your family enjoyed our property over the holiday weekend! I am sorry about the WI-FI experience that you had. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to let us know!

Andrew Shaffer