“Worst buffet ever!!!”

Dining options: Buffet
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Worst buffet ever!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place looked nice and was supposed to be a quick fix for lunch as the buffet would allow us to feed our two tired children without a wait. My wife went up to get food for the kids and as she was coming back to the table i went up and began looking at the pitiful selection of food they had to offer. I barely found anything acceptable to eat but settled on a couple pieces of fried fish that turned out to be awful. The kids didnt eat much of anything, they even refused the mac and cheese which was completely flavorless and mushy. The price of the buffet is not posted anywhere, not even in the menu. My wife refused to eat the buffet and after finding out it was $16.99 per adult we began requesting a partial refund. No luck there. This restaurant seems to be on par with most of the businesses in Mackinaw City which seem to be owned by the same party and are all run terribly. It seems no one here cares if they get a repeat customer, service at most places is awful and quality is low...there is no pride in ownership here...just a money trap.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Way too much food for the price!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The service was quick, we were seated fast and had coffee before we knew what happened.
They offer a buffet, which not a fan of, or a regular style breakfast. I had the largest omelet I've ever seen, home fries, "real" potatoes, toast, $8.99. Shoot the buffet was a dollar more!!

Visited June 2013
“Don't go here”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We ordered the buffet (well no one came to take our order so we just went up). They did not have the breakfast burrito as shown on the buffet menu. My husband tried the eggs Benedict and the egg was hard boiled. We asked if we could get one that was properly prepared. The waitress came back with a message from the manager that it would be a special order and we would be charged for it. The scrambled eggs were made from that highly processed yellow substance you find at the free breakfast deals in low tier hotels. The bacon was ok. By the way, despite making our dissatisfaction clear, we still paid full price. And my husband left still hungary.

Big Rapids, MI
“Anna's Was the WORST”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We didn't read reviews b/c tourists for a 2 day weekend... but went b/c the big hotels recommend this restaurant (they own it). PASS, PASS, PASS on this restaurant. $16.95 buffet and there was NO food! Our party of 9 sat down, took 15 mins & still no order. In meantime, folks were asking for their money $ back! Requesting the Mgr and stating the food was terrible. One lady mouthed "don't order the buffet!". Then we noticed the people around us were still sitting at their tables with NO food. We made the decision to leave. WARNING: steer clear of the restaurants the hotels recommend...they own them! Spendy & terrible service. We visited Admiral's Table and had a great meal. I'm going to leave a positive review next. The management at Anna's should visit Admiral's Table and request SHANE as their server. That's the way it should be done!

Visited June 2013
Ypsilanti
“FOOD WORST OR SERVICE?”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have been going to this place every year. Every year it got progressively worst. The last two years the food became inedible, sick. The service sucks I think it can be worst than the food.(May be not..) I would like to meet the owners of this place. I bet you they bought it as absentee owners thinking they will make money of the tourist that will come to town. it doesn't work. I have been there when the place used to be packed. I am sure there are new owners.

THIS PL