“Great place to stop before our bridge crossing!”
Review of Mackinaw Crossings

Mackinaw Crossings
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: New and Free Nightly LASER SHOW! New unique store, such as Del Sol Color-Change (located near the laser show stage! This upscale mall is emblematic of the Mackinaw City's economic rebirth.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I stopped off at a few of the shops in Mackinaw Crossings before making our way across the Mackinac Bridge for the first time. There were two shops that were standouts for me--Oak Tree Gifts and Twisted Crystal. Oak Tree Gifts had a great selection of good quality T-shirts at very reasonable prices. I always like to pick up a magnet from travel spots I visit, and I was able to find what I needed at Oak Tree Gifts. Twisted Crystal had a fun and interesting selection of unique jewelry in all price ranges. I was able to pick up some fairly inexpensive but quite cute bracelets and anklets for myself and to give as gifts.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I know there are a few of those junky tourist type shops in Mackinaw Crossings but we stay away from those and stick to our favorites. First of all, our favorite restaurant is Scalawags for white fish and the best thin cut fries. They have indoor and outdoor seating. There are quite a few fudge shops to choose from. Murdocks is one of my favorites and its open year round. We like Straight To The Pantry where they have the best jams, salsa's , peanut butter, honey, etc (our favorites are the cinnamon honey and the toe jam jam). Down Home Up North is another favorite of ours. They have unique gifts and things for the home or cottage that are one of a kind. We like Teysen's gallery for gifts and candles. We also hit the movie theater many times during the summer. The Crossings has a stage with music which is fun. When it gets dark there is a laser light show set to music which we have seen too many times to count. We havent seen it in a while. After a few times, it really isnt all that exciting. Dont leave without hitting the Petoskey Stone Creamery before you leave for some delicious ice cream.

2  Thank daystar40
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Some of the best shopping, I really hate over priced gift shops, They do have some amazing shops tho! :)

Reviewed May 21, 2012

The Crossings have a lot of quaint little stores that sell popcorn, t-shirts, specialty items, ice cream and much, much more. It's definitely a nice place to hang out.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

A lot of small shops with something for everyone. Ice cream and other food shops, theater, sometimes they have bands playing and there is a laser light show at night. Great place to walk around and shop. It's a do not miss type of place in Mackinaw City and is wheelchair accessible.

1  Thank michigander311