“Good place to eat in mackinaw city”
Review of Audie's Restaurant

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Good food and good service. Not the best meal I have ever had but likely one of the best in town. Looks like a little diner, but still has a full bar and a good selection of wine and beer. Would highly recommend especially with some of the other choices in town.

1  Thank matt2142
AudiesRestaurant, General Manager at Audie's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Matt 2142,

I am glad you dined with us and enjoyed our selection of beer and wine, including several produced in the local area. We have won a Wine Spectator Award for our list and always appreciate when customers appreciate our selections. We thank you for your recommendation to the readers of Trip Advisor.

Best,

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am not sure how this restaurant received so many good reviews, the best part of our experience here was when I took my daughter to the rest room and used the great smelling hand scrub! We had tickets to Mackinac Island and an hour and a half until boarding. Just to start things off I have worked in the front and back of restaurants for years, so this review is from both sides of the fence. First off it was about 2 in the afternoon so not lunch hour busy by any means. It took someone almost 10 minutes to seat us. The six of us order water to drink and one coffee. We had to ask 3 in the span of 15 mins to get the coffee to the table. Our waitress was more concerned with chatting with the local frequenters than making sure her tables were all taken care of equally. We ordered a special of the day, a hot roast beef, two children's pizzas, an audie burger, and double cheese burger with a side of blue cheese dressing. after the 20 mins it took for our waitress to take our order...we waited another 30 mins for our food. Remember they were not busy by any stretch of the imagination. We ended up with cold fries, stale buns, an audie burger burger that was bigger than a double cheese burger. (Which is the result of very bad menu writing. Every burger on the menu is 1/2 pound therefore the average person would be lead to believe the double cheeseburger would be two 1/2 pound patties. at the very least 2 1/4 pound patties.) Such was on the case, the double cheese burger was maybe 6 oz. worth of hamburger. To top things off the waitress brought out all the adult entrees before my children (4 and 5) who had to wait another 5 minutes to eat while everyone else at the table had a plate of food in front of them!!! Then the surprise came, frozen store band not even stouffers, french bread pizza that were not even baked, but microwaved!!! My girls who both love pizza wouldn't even eat it, they said it tasted yucky. An boy did it ever it was soggy and dense not even worth a tiny fraction of the 5.29 this establishment charges for their kids meals. My husband asked for his blue cheese and refills on our water and she said I will be right back. Our waitress came back to the table 10 minutes later to ask if we needed anything else, and my husband had to ask again for his blue cheese and our water refills. Our lunch ended up costing around 65 dollars! And my girls didn't even get to eat, so we had to drive to BK for them afterwards! Normally from working in the food service industry I always make it a point to tip at 15% for good service and even more for great service. Needless to say this is the second time in my life I did not leave a tip. I would never go back here or recommend anyone to this establishment. A lunch meal at 2, in a dead restaurant from time of entering to leaving especially considering the easy food to prepare like we ordered and quality of food we received should have taken 30-40 minutes tops! NOT and hour and 15 minutes. We ended up finding the boat docks with two minutes to spare, after we had to go to BK down the road so our girls could get some food in their tummies. Normally I would have stayed and had a serious talk with the manager on duty but it took so long to get our food that we had leave or we would have missed our ride to the Island. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER again. I have already told 3 acquaintances to steer clear of this place on their upcoming trips to Mackinac Island.

1  Thank Cassandra S
AudiesRestaurant, General Manager at Audie's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Cassandra S & Trip Advisor Readers,

Our staff and management really do care about all our guests and the experiences they have at our restaurant and never want to see anyone leave unhappy & especially hungry. I have reached out to Cassandra S directly with hopes of learning details about her experience so I may address these problems with our staff.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was recommended to us by the motel, and we liked it. We both had whitefish open-faced sandwiches - one batter fried and one broiled. Both were absolutely excellent. It's a cute place, but not fancy.

Dear NKODIS,

We are so glad you enjoyed our fresh Great Lakes Whitefish. It is the local specialty and is delivered to us fresh daily by Big Stone Bay fishery. Thank you for dining with us and sharing your review.

Cheers,

Reviewed July 10, 2013

this Restaurant has been in operation for many many years in Mackinaw City.
The reason? People keep coming back as the food and service are exceptional.
Prices are friendly as is the entire staff at Audies.

1  Thank Curt F
AudiesRestaurant, General Manager at Audie's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Curt F,

Thank you for visiting us all the way from Arizona! Our staff looks forward each day to seeing both old friends who dine with us each year as well as new faces who we hope will become longtime friends. Thank you for being a part of our day and sharing your review.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were touring the fort and asked for a lunch recommendation within walking distance. This was like stepping back in time to a typical little hometown diner, which is so much nicer than a chain restaurant. It was clean and the service was excellent! We shared a delicious grilled ham & cheese and a club sandwich. The bread was thick and tasted like homemade. Delicious! Prices were very reasonable for generous portions. Waitress was very pleasant and gave good service. We recommended this place to another couple we passed on the way back to our car.

Dear Deb G.,

Thank you for dining with us and sharing your review with Trip Advisor readers. Audie's relies heavily on recommendations from both locals and out of town guests like yourself to let others know about us--we are a little off the beaten path. Robin, our baker, was super excited this morning to ask if I had read our new review--she makes great homemade breads, desserts, and more and loves to hear how much guests enjoy the fruits of her labor. Thank you for sharing. We hope you have a fantastic vacation!

Kind Regards,