“Great food and service”

Millie's on Main
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The wait staff was friendly and funny. They were very attentive to our needs. The food was amazingly good and we didn't have to wait long. Will eat here again!!

There are newer reviews for Millie's on Main

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Our first attempt to dine at Millie's had us eating at the bar due to an extended wait-- not the best of experiences. However, busy restaurants are always a good sign of good food and service. So, our last night there we saw the dinner special was baby back ribs, which we both love. We persisted and went back. I'm so glad we did. We had a short wait at the bar again, although the bar tender is such a charming guy the time went quickly. Once seated we were greeted by Bob, the waiter. Bob is such a delightful guy and immediately told us they only had two servings of the baby back ribs left. By that time, our mouths were watering for those ribs. Bob raced back to the kitchen and immediately secured the ribs for us. They were the best ribs I've ever eaten -- tender, juicy with terrific barbeque sauce that had as much personality as Bob. Don't miss Millie's on Mackinac Island and sit at Bob's table for a fabulous casual dining experience.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We both had the "lunch special" open face sirloin steak with fries....$7.99. Fantastic buy on Mackinac Island where a simple hot dog can cost $5 !! Excellent meal, cooked perfectly as ordered. Reminds me of Nemo's Bar by old Tiger Stadium in Detroit, tin celing, huge old bar. Will go again !!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stopped by Millie's and tried the special of ribs and also ordered fish and chips. Ribs undercooked in our opinion.We have had better. The restaurant was ranked high on tripadvisor, so we tried it. I'm not in agreement that it is that good. Prices were high (most places here are though) and service was okay. I probably wouldnt eat here again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I ate dinner here our first night on Mackinac Island. The food was good, the portions of meat loaf was very generous, and the bartender had a friendly personality. My only complaint was I asked for the included vegetables in a side dish and I was surprisingly charged an extra $2.75 for this. I thought that was pretty chicken s**t to add that charge without notice. Because of that extra charge we didn't return for future meals during our two-day stay. I felt that charge was taking advantage of a tourist. Too bad because the food and service was good.