“Good but pricey for what you get.”

Goodfellow's Italian Chop House
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed at the Lakeview for our trip so we ate here a few times.

Pizza was hit or miss first night it was great, 3 days later had to return one that was undercooked. It was replaced with one that was "ok". There homemade chicken noodle soup was pretty good.

We were here 2 years ago and had similar experiences. Very good or so, so.

There are newer reviews for Goodfellow's Italian Chop House

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Food was okay, but pricey for what you get. I found the staff to be EXTREMELY inexperienced right now about everything! I think that they should have some training before being sent out onto the floor. Our waitress seemed to know very little about the menu and was very slow with service and the same thing was happening with a group next to us who were ordering and asking questions about the menu (particularly the fish/seafood choices). When we were leaving, we asked a 'different' waitress about the pool and hotel (dining room overlooks the hotel pool through a window). She said that she "thought the name of the hotel is the 'Main Street Hotel'". Wow, I think they should at least know this without any hesitation. To give them some credit though, I found that many of the businesses were very inexperienced this week. One of the candy shop gals had to ask another gal every single question we asked her. Visitors need to be very patient in early May, but maybe they should give visitors a discount during this 'breaking in period'? Visitors should receive 'quality service' for 'quality prices'????

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had ribs and a club sandwich with two soft drinks and our bill was over $40. The food was good but a tad pricey we thought. Service was good. Excellent iced tea.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I married on the island in 2002 and have been back 4x since. We had never tried Goodfellows but were looking for some Italian food and a change of atmosphere. The gentleman at the desk of our hotel recommended it. The lighting was perfect, not to dark but certainly not annoyingly bright, the table was a 4 seater so it gave us the appropriate room and there was a table cloth and cloth napkins. A nice candle added to the experience. Our server, a gal, was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu. The meal started with bread and an amazing pesto dipping sauce. My husband loved it!!! I ordered the Parmesan Scallops ,
Jumbo scallops encrusted with parmesan, pan seared and finished in a sambuca cream scallops and he ordered the Wild Mushroom Quesadilla,
Wild mushrooms sautéed with shallots and spinach layered with goat cheese. He enjoyed his quesadilla, as did I but the scallops were out of this world!!!! I consider myself a foodie and seafood is something I love, after living in Key West for 5+ years and getting spoiled by fresh everything out of the ocean and a massive amount of fab resturants. They were seared perfectly, with a hint of a light brown crust and the parm cheese gave it some salty flavor to bind with the sweetness of the cream sauce. I did not taste the Sambuca, which was just as well b/c I do not love it. I did not want the meal to end! I would rate the dish in my top 5 favorite meals ever. We had one more night on the island and really really considered going back again for some more scallops, they were that good! We did not but we will be back the next time we are on the island.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

And good thing too, since it cost 150.00

My husband and I decided that we would share a seafood platter listed at "Market Price". We order items at market price very often, so we figured it would be a bit high, but when the server forewarned us of the price I was a bit disappointed with how high it was.

The food was perfect though.