“Overpriced but decent”

Goodfellow's Italian Chop House
Cuisines: American, Bar, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Columbus, Ohio
“Overpriced but decent”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Personally, I loved my meal. But my husband didn't. He ordered the $38 "cowboy cut" steak which was over cooked, and incorrectly cut. I ordered off the "Prix Fixe" menu: crab cake, salad, lobster tail, and tiramisu. The pesto for the bread was so good I could have eaten it with a spoon. The crab cake and lobster tail were so, so good. Salad was standard. Sides were ok. Tiramisu was not good but so many other selections were good that it made up for it. The waitress had too many tables, which definitely affected the service, but she was a great waitress and did as well as she could under the circumstances. Hubby's meal? Completely overpriced. My meal? I thought was a good value, considering. So it was a mixed bag for us, but I would recommend it.

• Visited September 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Typical Pub Fare”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Sandwich portions are huge! Service was good. Typical pub-like fare with options such as burgers, pizza, salads. For dinner they add a few more options such as steaks, veal, etc.

Iowa City, Iowa
“I know...its a chain but”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Yes, yes...my history of tearing a restaurant down for mediocre food sold as cuisine was shut off as I ordered the Shrimp Po' Boy. Huge shrimp, crab aeoli, lettuce, tomatoe and avocado on a tastey bun. The po boy was so huge I thought I can ride it as a canoe ... but I could not as it tasted AMAZING! Yes, I know right? But the chicken alfredo was as horrid as pre sliced packaged chiken on a microwave pasta and sauce from a jar. No on alfredo big YES on Shrimp Po'Boy!

PFLUGERVILLE
“A higher price than expected.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place is very nice but a little high for my taste, but the food was very good. The bread was wonderful!!

• Visited September 2012
Huntington, Indiana
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The food was great, and plenty of it. It is at the edge of town, and being along the main street you can sit on the outdoor eating area and watch people come and go as you enjoy for food. the Whitefish is outstanding.