“The Perfect Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pontiac Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Pontiac Lodge
Burbank, Ca
“The Perfect Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

Since the Pontiac Lodge opened, my wife and I will not stay anywhere else when we visit the Island. It is relaxed, friendly, sparkling clean, convenient and amazingly affordable. Perfect for everyone from couples to families with children, to the most seasoned traveler. The restaurant (The Village Inn) is a must dine anytime we visit. We have recommended this wonderful find to numerous friends. They have all come home raving. We would highly recommend The Pontiac Lodge to every one of our new friends here on Tripadvisor.com.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank KvnSu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bonita Springs, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

We absolutely love the Pontiac Lodge. It is in the center of all of the activity on the Island. The staff is extremely kind, courteous and pleasant. The rooms are ample and the amenities complete.

Do yourself a favor and book a room for a night, weekend or week. You will be sooo happy you did!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FernBonitaSprings_FL
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

The rooms are immaculate and spacious. The staff is delightful. The price is a steal. And when you step outside, you are right in the middle of everything. Smell the fudge. Hear the boat horns. Watch the horses. Turn left and you are in the thick of the downtown excitement. Turn right and you are skipping stones in the Lake Huron. My kids were over the moon here. And the best family meal in town is right downstairs.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank emeraldcurtain
Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

Six moms and daughters stayed at the Pontiac Lodge for a mother/daughter weekend. We had three rooms and the apartment for our group. The apartment worked well for us to gather in the morning and decide what to do for the day. The Pontiac Lodge was more than accommodating for all our needs. The desk and cleaning staff are friendly and honest. The best part of the Pontiac Lodge is the Village Inn restaurant next door. The food is great especially the Planked White Fish. For the price and island ambience, you cannot beat staying at the Pontiac Lodge across from the Shepler's Ferry. If you have small children, the Pontiac Lodge has Pak and Play cribs and refer babysitters that are wonderful as well. We love the PL and you will too!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank McCourtsky
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

Since I was traveling on business and without my family, I opted to stay at what is probably the most economical motel on the island, the Pontiac Lodge. It's location is convenient and is directly across from the Shepler's Ferry dock. The only location drawback is that the motel is located on the second floor of the building, which might be inconvenient for some travelers since stairs must be used.

I paid about $150 a night for my room. If I had stayed in Mackinaw City, a room there was about half the cost during the same time period, but I would have had to take the ferry adding another $24 to the daily total. I also would have missed my favo

My room was comfortable and had air-conditioning, though I didn't need it. The room decor was about what I expected, nothing fancy and fairly basic, but the room was clean and all the towels and sheets felt new. My two complaints are that the room lacked any type of clock and the bathroom didn't have a hair dryer. The room did have a small refrigerator which might be useful to guests needing to store foods or medicines.

The Pontiac Lodge is a good choice for basic, clean accommodations on the island.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank AtlantaPhotog
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2008

We have stayed at the Pontiac Lodge 2x - once without our children, and once with our 3 and 1 year old. Both times were wonderful! This is the most economical place to stay, with several perks that make it one of the BEST places on the Island. First, my husband and I loved that it is right downtown. We are all about the Island's ambiance, and love nothing better than to have our windows open in the cool evening and night, to listen to horses' hooves clopping, and yes! even the laughter and noise from those leaving bars at 1am in the morning was just fine! We have stayed in both of the hot tub rooms, and highly recommend both. Second, you have wonderful service with a very homey feel. They provide pastries and coffee every morning, we just bought yogurt from the store, and it sufficed. A cheap lunch ,and then being able to splurge every evening at a different restaurant (without the feeling of obligation to dine in-house, like at the Grand where the meals are included in the overall price).

My parents-in-law stayed at the Mission Point Resort (against our advice!) - were very unhappy with it, and ended up walking through the Pontiac Lodge's rooms and were very impressed with them. Guess where they stayed their next visit!!?? The Pontiac Lodge!

We are hoping to go back in September, and are planning on staying at the lodge again. To be fair, there was a part of me that wanted to "try out" the Grand or one of the pricier hotels, but after reading a lot of the other reviews online about them -- I'm not convinced! I'm sticking with continuing our great experience at the Pontiac Lodge.

Stayed September 2006
4 Thank battlemaiden82
michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2008

We were very surprised when we found this place.
It's really clean and very nice people run it.
If you're just looking for a nice room, none of the extra stuff, this is it!

• Liked — large clean rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank sher13