“Awesome place to stay!”
Review of Pontiac Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Pontiac Lodge
Holdrege
“Awesome place to stay!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a great place to stay! The rooms are clean and decorated very nice with a sailboat theme. I love how the rooms are right on main street and you wake up in the morning, to the sound of the horses clip clopping down the street. It was nice to have a frig and microwave, we went to the grocery store and bought some snacks and drinks. You do have to go up a flight of stairs, which was not a problem for us. We keep our bikes, under the stairs, which is nice to have a place for them. The staff was very nice and helpful, we needed somewhere to put our luggage after we checked out, because we wanted to stay longer on the island. They let us keep our luggage in their office. They were so very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lori A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This place was great! The room was very clean and tastefully decorated, and everyone was very friendly. For Mackinac Island, the price was reasonable. We stayed in room 23 which had views of the Round Island lighthouse and the piers. In the evenings, we could watch the sun set. The only downside is we were right on the corner of Main and Hoban, and it was a bit noisy during the day when everyone was out and about on the street. But we were hardly in our room during the day anyway so it wasn't a real issue.

Room Tip: Room 23 has great views!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
columbus, ohio
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I'm so torn because I wanted so badly to give two thumbs up. After reading all the reviews, I thought this was going to be our little hidden gem.
Positives: clean, great location, price.
Negatives: there is a bar/restaurant across the street. It was SO LOUD! We could hear every conversation going on just laying in our bed. I have a young son and he heard a lot of swearing. We had to sleep with the TV on so it would drown out the swearing and yelling. We did not get any sleep both nights.
If you are young and don't mind hearing drunk people all night, for the price this is the right place for you. If you are over the loud bar scene, you may want to chose a different hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Columbus_OhioAngie
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I am currently staying at the Pontiac Lodge, and I didn't want to forget to submit a review so I am writing one now, while I am sitting in the room. You can't go wrong with this place. We are staying in the only room that doesn't have a window, but it DOES have a beautiful skylight that you can remotely open and close. The place is immaculately clean, with everything you need, mini-fridge, microwave, free WiFi, air-conditioner, flatscreen tv, etc. This place must be well insulated, because I haven't heard a single door close in the hallway... either everyone staying here is very courteous and quiet, or we have the best room in the house. The shower is excellent - loved the water pressure, the beds are comfortable, and the rate is more than reasonable in my humble opinion. We highly recommend taking the Sheppler's ferry across, because the walking distance to the Pontiac Lodge from the dock where you arrive is like 80 steps away. The location I ideal, the staff are wonderful to deal with -- both online while booking, and in person when you arrive. I am usually one of those people who is sort of tough to impress, but I AM impressed! Thank you Pontiac Lodge, for making our weekend that much more enjoyable by being a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: I don't think this place has a bad room -- seriously!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cadillac, Michigan
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Location is great, rooms are very clean, and the bed was extremely comfy. I stayed in Room 28 and the room was very spacious and immaculately clean. Staff went above and beyond to make my stay great. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2013

A great place to stay without breaking the bank. The only complaint is the rooms are on main street and there are always going to be very loud patrons leaving the local bars so you can hear everything.

• Stayed June 2013
philadelphia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Amazing location, rooms are very spacious and clean. Friendly staff upon check in. i would stay here again in a heartbeat. Family friendly for my 10 month old and also a great value for the area. Right next
To main strip.