“Pontiac Lodge is a great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pontiac Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mackinac Island
Pontiac Lodge
Skokie, Illinois
“Pontiac Lodge is a great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just checked out this morning from a 2-night stay at the Pontiac Lodge. It was clean, well cared for, and in an incredibly excellent location. It is literally across the street from the Shepler's Ferry Dock, so no cab is needed. It is also right on the main street where all the restaurants and shops are, and a 5 minute walk to the Grand Hotel. Why pay $700+ a night? We were able to walk to the Grand Hotel, where the $10 fee they charge for visiting the place is credited to the $40 lunch buffet offered daily. We were able to tour and enjoy the Grand Hotel for the price of their expensive (but worth it!) lunch. Pontiac Lodge was the best lodging deal we found in town, and we'd certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Huron room 22 with two queen beds had a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and great wi-fy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Trottravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Southeast, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was only our 2nd overnight weekend stay on Mackinac Island (Aug 3-5). We stayed at one of the resorts the first time, though very nice...this was much better for a couple with no kids in-tow for us. It is literally right there in town & regardless what ferry service you come in on... it should not be an issue to get your bikes & luggage to the lodge (We road just our bikes & checked in, locked the bikes up and walked back to get our bags...that's just how we work). We stayed in Rm #23 (King bed, jacuzzi tub, Main street & Hoban street views). Yes, you will hear some of the night crowd...but it didn't go on all night. & you will hear the sound of the first ferry's of the morning and the last to leave in the evening, but they are reasonably timed for the island. I am a light sleeper and with all the bike riding/walking we did on the island during the day...I slept. Love the idea they are open year round...not that common on the island.
If you are looking for a simple, comfortable, clean, friendly & convenient location without the "fluff & stuff"...this is the place.
The only thing I found needed updating was the bathroom. In general Rm #23 works with the odd space it has available for the bathroom. Some updating is needed but not necessary. Maybe add a small shelf along the windowed wall to help with your bathroom needs could be added.
We would recommend and stay here the next time we stay on the island (Hopefully in 2013).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank springnlater
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Pontiac Lodge is such a quaint, little property! The location is fanctastic, you couldn't ask for a better spot. Very clean and nicely updated. The pictures do not do any justice! Room 22 was so cute with a blue and white nautical theme. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: I didn't see any other rooms, but 22 was great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nancy B
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place is great! It was priced very reasonably and my room looked over the main street. The Lodge was with in "spitting" distance to the ferry, bicycle rentals, and a lot of restaurants and taffy stores. Most of all...the Bed was amazing. Weird? I have an account with Hilton and I have never given a review over a bed. Yes...the bed here was amazing. Wanna be on the island yet have a wonderful place to rest...pick the Lodge.

Room Tip: Sorry...I like this place and I wanna keep this place as a little secret for future reference. ;)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank arisedragonlady
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. We had a great view of the main street outside our window. The room was quite large. Loved having the wet bar in the room and the fridge. There is the hustle and bustle of the island happening at various times of the night which could keep up a light sleeper. It isn't bad. We used the air conditioner to help drowned out the noise.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gooby19
Valley Park, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and adult daughter and I were looking for a place to spend a few nights on Mackinac Island. This being our first time, I read lots of reviews before making my decision. Mackinac Island is not a cheap place to spend the night by any means. The reviews of others led me to book our stay at the Pontiac Lodge. We were not disappointed. I booked room 26 for 2 nights at the end of August, 2012. We wanted to arrive early on the our arrival date and stay late on our departure date. I was concerned about how this might work with regards to our luggage. We didn't want to have to haul our luggage around before check-in or after check-out. I emailed the office and they promptly replied to let me know that they would be glad to keep our luggage in their storage room until our room was ready, and after check-out on departure day should we decide to stay on the island a little longer.

We arrived via the Star Line Ferry at about 9am. It was literally a 1 to 2 minute walk from the dock to the office on Hoban street. Very convenient! We didn't have to pay to have our luggage carted from the dock to our hotel since it was so close. And, true to their word, they welcomed us, showed us where our room would be, and allowed us to store our luggage in their storage room, which happened to be directly across the hall from our room. Keep in mind that other people might be storing their luggage there as well. And if they should come to get their luggage while you are out, they will have access to your luggage. Although the staff stayed right there while we put our luggage in and also later when we moved it to our room. So, I felt plenty safe leaving our luggage there, but just be aware of this. We kept our cameras and valuables with us, and just left our suitcases full of clothes in the storage room. It was nice not to have to haul it around for 4 hours until our room was ready. Kim got my phone number and gave me the choice to be texted or called when the room was ready. This allowed us to explore the shops on Main street and beyond while we waited for our room to be ready. Kim texted me at about 1:30 pm to let me know our room was ready . Well before the 3:00 check-in time.

Our room (#26) had windows overlooking Hoban street and the restaurant just across the street. The room was comfortable and peaceful. We could hear the sounds of the horses going up and down the street, which was a welcome sound that we expected. The only issue we had with noise was that I could hear the restaurant closing down across the street at about 12:30 am. There was a little noise as the people were leaving. Then the restaurant owners sprayed down the street with a hose. My wife and daughter never heard a thing. And I'm a light sleeper, so maybe most people wouldn't even notice. Other than that, we all loved the room and the great service. We would recommend the Pontiac Lodge to anybody. And if we go back, we'll certainly stay there again. We also rented bikes from the Mackinac Island Bike Shop, which is just around the corner from the Pontiac Lodge on Main Street. Clean rooms, great friendly service, close proximity to the Ferry docks and the Bike Rental facility. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to Main Street are also closer to the Ice Machine, which "may" be noisier. I...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lemkorusyn
Davison, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

For our first overnight stay on the island, the Pontiac was a great value for the price and location. The accomodations, Rm 20, a double queen room overlooking main street was very comfortable, clean, and air conditioned. The staff were very personable and helpful during our two-night stay. Though our double windows faced main street, and also directly across the street from the Shepler dock, no objectional, out of the ordinary street noise occurred. However, Rm 20 is located above a t-shirt store located on main, that upon visiting soon after arriving have wall mounted speakers near the ceiling that pump out youth oriented music with a heavy base that comes up thru the floor into Rm 20. We were out of the room most of the day early, so we usually returned by 8 o'clock to what sounded like living over a disco. The shop below is open from 8am-11pm. The Pontiac is located above approx 4 business', the others being a bank, real estate ofc, and the Pontiac's ofc, so look at the room layout chart and choose a room towards the Hoban street side of the building would be my recommendation. With that in mind, I would gladly stay or recommend the Pontiac Lodge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank DavisonBob
asehoyan, General Manager at Pontiac Lodge, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Pontiac Lodge, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

We apologize the music from the tee shirt shop below your room was a disturbance. We spoke to the management of the shop and they have assured us that they will discontinued playing music in their store.

Thank you for choosing the Pontiac Lodge, and we look forward to having you stay with us during your next visit to Mackinac Island.