“Probably the best fudge on Mackinac Island”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ryba's Fudge Shops

Ryba's Fudge Shops
Ranked #3 of 13 Shopping in Mackinac Island
More attraction details
Owner description: While on Mackinac Island it is impossible to miss the sweet aroma of fudge wafting over the streets. For the sweetest souvenir on the Island we suggest some of Ryba's famous Mackinac Island fudge. Voted the "Best Fudge in Michigan" by the Detroit News five years in a row, be sure to buy enough to share. Can't make it back for more? Visit the website for mail order options and other delectable treats.
Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Probably the best fudge on Mackinac Island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2008

My husband and I tried fudge from three different shops on Mackinac Island. Ryba's was definitely the best tasting of the three. The choice in flavors is terrific and the fudge itself is delicious and so creamy. The other fudges we tried from other shops were very gritty and not very good. We made sure to buy even more of Ryba's fudge to bring home to family. My favorite is peanut butter.

My only complaint is that the fudge is a bit expensive and the employee we dealt with in one of Ryba's shops was not very friendly at all.

5 Thank backintime08

• Korean first
Milton, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fudge is fudge”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2008

I can make fudge that is just as good or better as some of these OVERPRICED fudge shops. I adore Mackinac Island,but I steer clear of the pricey fudge shops.

1 Thank dinger
Chicago, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Decent fudge, but fradulent credit charges”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2007

I visited in late August 2007. Bought a variety pack of fudge(6 kinds, 1.5lbs) for about $25. When I get home and check my bank account online, I notice a $70 charge from Ryba's on my account. So I called in early September. They said they would pull the recipts and call me back......I heard nothing. So I call again in mid-September, same deal, I hear nothing. I decided to give them one more call in late September, they tell me they have no record of my transaction, so I dispute the charges via my bank.

So my bank credits my account $45 on my word that I spent $25. I figured this was all over, but no!!! In mid October I get a letter from my bank accompanied by TWO credit card recipts(with my "signature") from Ryba's, one for $70 and one for $80!!!???? One of which was CLEARLY fradulent, as the time on it was nearly 7pm.....I was almost home to Chicago by that time! Now my bank is telling me that they are going to take back the $45 they credited me.

The fudge is just as good as all the other ones anyhow. I won't be back, especially to the Ryba's 3 miles from my house in Chicago!

What a huge headache for a gift for my mother.

12 Thank ChicagoNorthside55
Springfield, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“fudge...yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2007

We made a trip to every fudge shop we found and Ryba's is the one we decided to buy from. The store's appearance is kept up and they had the most variety. The staff was friendly and helpful as well. We ended up taking 5 slices home. They had a deal and we ended up with more fudge than we could possibly eat for about $25. An excellent place to buy from!

5 Thank thegirlfromohio