“Good products, not kid friendly”
Review of Ryba's Fudge Shops

Ryba's Fudge Shops
Ranked #3 of 14 Shopping in Mackinac Island
More attraction details
Owner description: While on Mackinac Island it is impossible to miss the sweet aroma of fudge wafting over the streets. For the sweetest souvenir on the Island we suggest some of Ryba's famous Mackinac Island fudge. Voted the "Best Fudge in Michigan" by the Detroit News five years in a row, be sure to buy enough to share. Can't make it back for more? Visit the website for mail order options and other delectable treats.
Reviewed August 15, 2012

While Ryba's had good products, I did not find them kid friendly. I have 2 kids under 10 and they were torn between 2 flavors of ice cream, my kids asked to try them both. They boldly responded "we don't do that here". We found the ice cream shop literally right next door was happy to help the kids decide, and they smiled and said "we sample all the time, how are you supposed to know what you like"? Needless to say we did not visit Ryba's again the rest of our trip. Ryba's has a pretty big name on the island with fudge shops and bike rentals, but not a great attitude to back it up, we were happy to visit the fudge and ice cream shops next door.

1  Thank Jim and Christy D

Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Ryba's fudge was creamy & really, really good! I loved how it wasn't too sweet. The atmosphere was clean & well organized, & the staff was friendly. ;-)

Reviewed July 24, 2012

As I mention in a review of another shop, this was a highly debated topic in my family. I found Ryba's to be best given it's silky smooth texture. I preferred it to Joann's sugary texture. Excellent fudge!!!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband is a junk food junky. When his Mom suggested they get some ice cream he was all about it! We split a small plastic dish of ice cream and it was delicious. I think it was called "Mackinac fudge ice cream" or something like that. It's pretty rich, so a little goes a long way, and I know it wasn't cheap. But heck, it's vacation! Live a little! It was very good.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Rich and creamy describe bothe the fudge and ice cream. Many flavors to choose from. The fudges texture was smooth and there was not grittiness.

You must try several fudge stores to truly appreciate your favorite.