“Oreo Cookie Fudge”
Review of Ryba's Fudge Shops

Ryba's Fudge Shops
Ranked #5 of 14 Shopping in Mackinac Island
More attraction details
Owner description: While on Mackinac Island it is impossible to miss the sweet aroma of fudge wafting over the streets. For the sweetest souvenir on the Island we suggest some of Ryba's famous Mackinac Island fudge. Voted the "Best Fudge in Michigan" by the Detroit News five years in a row, be sure to buy enough to share. Can't make it back for more? Visit the website for mail order options and other delectable treats.
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Let me start by saying that the Oreo cookie fudge we bought here was very good and I'm not a fudge lover. I've also heard the peanut butter is very good but I haven't tried that one. However, they don't sell small pieces. Once my daughter picked a flavor and I picked a flavor the total was around $30, since it is only sold in 1/2 pound chunks. I asked if I could get a smaller piece and was told no. It was only a few dollars more to get a third piece for $30 for their "special". When I walked out I was like, did I just spend $30 on fudge?!?! For that reason, I would not go back. My daughter and I couldn't eat that much fudge so except for the Oreo, the rocky road and chocolate walnut was tossed and I felt ripped off. I've heard Ryba's is the best but better customer service would be offering smaller pieces.

1  Thank Luv2trvl41
in 5 reviews
"creamiest"
"taffy"

Reviewed October 21, 2011

A very nice place to buy fudge. Very friendly people.

1  Thank Tacke
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Very good english toffee, caramel corn, almond bark etc.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I were intent on finding some good caramel popcorn on the island while we were there. We found it at Ryba's. They actually make it in one of the stores there and will give you a sample. We saw more expensive caramel popcorn in other shops that looked like it had been sitting for a while. Not at Ryba's, it is fresh and the price is reasonable. We got two large bags for $8. We didn't try the fudge but I can definitely recommend the caramel popcorn!

1  Thank ww1319