“Excellent view, tasty food”

Mary's Bistro Draught House
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Mary's Draught House is a downtown destination you don't want to miss. Sample from Northern Michigan’s largest collection of craft beers with 50 on tap! If it’s wine that you love, our wine list is expertly crafted. Sports lovers behold, we have 15 TV’s so you don’t miss a moment of the big game. Live music can always be found here. Mary’s Bistro specializes in unique savory cuisine loaded with flavor. We use the freshest local ingredients prepared in our open kitchen on a wood grill or in the spitfired rotisserie oven. Seasoned hardwoods from Michigan’s Upper Peninsula impart a subtle and unmatched flavor to the food from our grill. Our spitfired rotisserie oven slow-cooks chicken to tender perfection, sealing in their juices to create mouthwatering meals. A limited menu including Mary’s Bistro favorites is available on the harbor view patio. Daily specialty cocktails are served at the patio bar.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Outdoor seating overlooking the harbour is the highlight of Mary's. Service was fast and friendly. The penne pasta with woodgrilled chicken was well seasoned and serving size was almost too large. Prices are quite high but in line with other restaurants on the island. Bread was not included in the price.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Spent my daughters birthday here as we also had our two puppies with us. They were great... Bringing a water bowl for them. The food was very good and was priced very reasonable for a pricey island. The service was excellent and will recommend to any who visit the island. Will visit again for sure.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

While on the island for 2 days over July 4th we enjoyed dining here twice! The first time we enjoyed burgers at lunch right by the outdoor grill. We told the chef he probably had the best kitchen on the island! He was friendly and on the ball ... seemed to be cranking out great food very efficiently. The burgers and chips were great! After a couple disappointing meals in a row at other eateries, we headed back to Mary's for dinner on July 4th. When we first got to the Bistro we were greeted with the wonderful aroma of the spitfire chickens roasting! Mmmmm! We had a nice spot on the deck again. Although busy, the service was still good. My husband had the chicken pot pie and I had the roasted chicken and penne in creamy pesto sauce, which was the BEST meal I had anywhere on our week's vacation!! Delicious doesn't even do it justice! Kudos to the chef that came up with that dish. :) I wish we had Mary's Bistro in NC. BEST.MEAL.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Mary's is located right next to the ferry dock so it is easy to find. We sat on the patio on a beautiful day for lunch. Our server was Brandon; he was nice and attentive. I looked up and watched a new bride toss her bouquet to a group of young ladies...no one caught it.

My husband ordered the Mackinac steak sandwich which included Monterey jack cheese and grilled onions on a baguette. It came with kettle chips. I opted for the Michigan chicken salad. I ordered it because it was different than any chicken salad I have ever had. It is made with dried cherries and mango chutney and arrived with some nice greens. It was tasty. I tasted of my husband's sandwich and it was good too.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed sitting outside on the patio since the weather was beautiful. The atmosphere was both fun and relaxing. Service was fast and friendly. Food was very good.