“High Quality!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We went looking for burgers and a beer after a hike and found the Village Inn. Attentive servers, a nice selection of beer, and very high quality, fresh food. Prices are moderate and fair.

There are newer reviews for Cawthorne's Village Inn

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Wait time to get served was easily ten minutes. We ordered off the lunch menu. I got ribs...HORRIBLE! It tasted like a cheap tv dinner. My husband got a burger with salad. She brought the wrong side item said " sorry they got it wrong" but never returned with what he ordered. Wait time for our food was a half hour. We were there for an hour and never got a water refill. I wouldn't eat here again even it were the last place on the island.

1  Thank TraveltoseetheWorld
GHKellie, Social Media Manager at Cawthorne's Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear the service you received was not up to our usual standards, your review helps us to see where improvements can be made. Your review will be shared with our staff.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

this restaurant is know for its planked whitefish. The food is great and the staff warm and friendly. there is even outdoor seating

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Food was average, service needs improvement but most importantly the accoustics and noise level in the restaurant spoiled our dinner.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Came here a few years ago and found the food to be good and the prices decent, so on our trip this time we decided to go again.
Food was good, prices were a little steeper than I remembered. Be careful when ordering your pop- dont ask for rootbeer- its not fountain pop and is a $4 bottle of rootbeer.
But really my only big complaint is that my husband's cheeseburger had the paper from the cheese still on it. He noticed a few bites into the burger and they apologized and made a new one and it tasted great. Now, I dont want you all to think I'm just whining, I mean, I get it, people make mistakes...but when mistakes happen, you give discounts....when we recieved our bill we had no discount! I asked our server and he talked to his manager and brought us back a check with a $3 discount....seriously, my husband just ordered a $14 cheeseburger, ate a part of the paper that was still connected to his cheese, watched while the rest of his family ate their meal while it was still warm, ate his cheeseburger while we all sat and waited for him, and the most you can do is give us a $3 discount!?

*Just as a side note, this is about the Village Inn actually ON Mackinac Island (as this review page is addressed) however,, the picture of the restaurant shown here is of the Village Inn in St. Ignace, which my review does NOT reflect upon.