“Great food and atmosphere.”

The Yankee Rebel Tavern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were there on a chilly fall evening and the candlelit tables along with the roaring fire was very welcoming. The pot roast and the balsamic penne pasta are both exceptionally good. The creme brûlée and the caramel apple pie is a wonderful ending to a wonderful night!

1  Thank Mommaluke
There are newer reviews for The Yankee Rebel Tavern

Reviewed October 25, 2013

What a great dining experience. The pot roast is GREAT. The staff was friendly and welcoming. We also had the filet and this was a great cut of meat that was cooked to perfection

1  Thank GLOBAL69
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Nice atmosphere
Varied menu
Attentive waiter....with a great sense of humor
Food was great
Service was great
Food and drinks were reasonably priced

1  Thank TravellingScotts
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Based on TA reviews we ate here for our first meal on the island. The restaurant was cozy. My husband loved the pot roast but thought it was very over priced. I had an entree' salad and found it to be average. They were good about bringing lots of very fresh rolls and butter.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I'm always surprised when I choose a restaurant based on TripAdvisor reviews and then have an opposite experience. My husband and I had lunch at Yankee Rebel on 10/13/13. I ordered the Pot Roast Sliders and an order of onion rings. My husband had the bacon cheeseburger and fries. There were three sllders in the order - each with a single chunk of pot roast meat, a small slice of yellow unmelted cheese and a few strings of "caramelized" onion. All was cold and the meat was so dry that I had to ask for mayonnaise to put on it to make it easier to swallow. The onion rings were literally FLOATING in grease! I could pour it out of the basket and I really couldn't even figure out how so much grease could get into the serving basket if the rings had been drained from a deep fryer. Our server was very gracious and removed the onion rings from our bill. My husband said his burger was OK but certainly not one of the top ten burgers of his life. The fries were not greasy at all and served hot and crispy. This was an end-of-the-season visit but I don't expect sub-standard food if the restaurant chooses to stay open for business.